Kent Connolly is a ghoulified radio technician, operating out of his studio in the Memory Den in Goodneighbor, in 2287. He is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Silver Shroud Radio signal, the pride and joy of his childhood.
Kent Connolly is a ghoulified drifter with experience as a radio technician. Having been granted permission by Irma to install his studio within the Memory Den in Goodneighbor, Kent has devoted his post-War life to bringing pre-War radio entertainment shows such as the Silver Shroud to a post-War audience.
Fortunately, for Kent, several recordings of various episodes of the Silver Shroud crime-drama had survived atomic fire. From his studio in Goodneighbor, Connolly works tirelessly every day to return the radio show of his hero and role model back to the airwaves for the entire Commonwealth to hear.
Kent was also a fan of the character Mistress of Mystery and sent fan mail to the actress Shannon Rivers to address a continuity error between the comics and the radio play and alterations to her dress for the upcoming television show. Kent was also an acquaintance of her husband Frederick Rivers, who he proposed the idea of ballistic weave to.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- The Silver Shroud: Team up with Kent and become - the Silver Shroud!
Visiting Kent after reaching levels 25, 35 and 45 will yield defensive upgrades to the Silver Shroud costume.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
Kent can be saved or killed if the player picks the correct speech check.
|Patched three-piece suit
|Pipe bolt-action pistol||.308 round x5
.38 round x6
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Sometimes Kent gets stuck in the Milton General hospital after finishing the quest The Silver Shroud.[verified]
- This may be fixed using console command 228ac.moveto 228a6 to move him to Irma in GoodNeighbor.
- Alternatively, push him to the first elevator and he'll then make his way back to Goodneighbor. He can be pushed using one of the nearby wooden crates.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One If one has cleared out the robots earlier in the hospital, they may respawn back and trigger the raiders causing Sinjin to shoot Kent immediately.[verified]
- This may be fixed using console command tcl to clip through the level and spawning yourself inside of the elevator that descends to Kent, allowing the script to continue as if you had gone through normally and not triggered the robots to attack.
- In game work around; When entering the hospital, there is an overhead hallway to the left. From the lobby, throw a grenade through the broken window of the overhead hallway. The goal is to get the grenade into the room the hallway is collected to (down the hall to the right) and kill the Nurse Handy in there. Toss the grenade from the waiting area. There's also a Protectron which can be sniped as it walks by. This seems to eliminate the robots Sinjin and crew are triggered by. When eventually entering this floor either via the normal routing or jetpacking through the hole in the ceiling to the left, there will be a battle between robots and raiders. It may be important to kill the robots quickly. Clean up and wait for [CAUTION] status to clear. Go meet Sinjin.
- PC Playstation 4 Sometimes Kent won't turn on the radio after finishing the quest The Silver Shroud. This can stop you from improving the suit.[verified]
- If you complete The Silver Shroud quest when you are beyond level 45 (can also happen if you are below Level 45), then the game waits until you are level 100. Once you reach level 100 the station will turn back on and speaking to Kent will yield an upgrade. On PC, using console command set MS04ArmorLevel to 45 changes the requisite level back to 45, so the station and upgrade will be immediately available.
- PC Playstation 4 Entering the hospital with Targeting HUD enabled may cause the raiders to execute him instantly, failing that part of the quest.[verified]
- Unequipping the modded helmet until Kent is safe will avert the issue while allowing the use of other power armor throughout the hospital.
- Playstation 4 There is a chance that his leg will appear blown off after saving him from Sinjin.[verified]