Once a hospital, after the Great War, this facility became a hiding point for The Railroad, known as Augusta safehouse. However, it was compromised by the Institute, sending in a squad of coursers and an unknown number of older models that somehow knew exactly where they were. They attempted to interrogate the safehouse's organizer, Blackbird, but he succumbed to his injuries before they could extract sufficient information. Once the Institute finished off the safehouse, raiders discovered them, and slaughtered every synth within. Those corpses that are not burned in the lobby bonfire were thrown to the deathclaw kept on the lowest floor.
The exterior of the hospital is often inhabited by bloodbugs and bloatflies. The entrance of the hospital is filled with junk. Past the entrance and through the blue door, there is a Novice locked terminal that controls the neighboring door. Even if the Sole Survivor unlocks the door, the entryway is inaccessible due to a fallen bookshelf.
Just past the terminal, down the hall on the left is a bottlecap mine. The next room coming across has a large bonfire burning in the center of it. There are five raiders and a machine gun turret defending this room. Along the perimeter of this room, there is a gift shop with an Advanced locked floor safe behind the counter. Just beyond the gift shop, through a broken wall, is a bathroom and a first aid protectron which can be activated from the neighboring unlocked terminal.
Near the bonfire, there is an armor and weapon repair station as well as a book return machine where overdue books can be deposited. Just past the book return terminal is a stairwell to the second floor. The lab across from the office contains a number of useful junk items such as microscopes and Bunsen burners.
The elevator next to the lab takes the Sole Survivor to the sixth floor. At the end of the first hallway, there is a machine gun turret. Going down the ramp in front of the turret takes the player character to the fifth floor. Navigating through the small living quarters will lead to a set of blue double doors which opens to a large, well-lit area full of raiders.
Along the catwalks, there is an Advanced locked blue door that opens to a room overlooking a large platform. Directly beneath this room on the platform is a bookshelf with an overdue book. Just past this is a red Advanced lock door which leads to another office with an armor workbench and a machine gun turret. At the lowest level of the area, beneath the lowest platform, there is a lone deathclaw as well as a fusion core in the nearby generator.
A circuit breaker in the southern corner will activate the double doors near the generator, which is the only exit from this level. The hallway beyond contains a chest with excellent leveled loot but is highly irradiated. The door at the end leads back to Cambridge. Once in the basement level, one must leave the hospital and walk around to the front door to access the upper levels as there is no way back up.
- Two overdue books - One on a shelf in a room in the northwest corner of the large pit (on the third floor), the other is on a bookshelf behind the counter with the two cash registers near the entrance.
- Augusta station last update - In a desk. It only spawns during the quest Butcher's Bill.
- One fusion core - On the lowest level with the deathclaw, in a generator between the button-activated door and the circuit breaker.
- Syringer - Behind an Advanced locked door on the middle level of the large ruined area, leaning against a wall near the yellow crate that is flanked by a red and blue barrel.
- Two bottlecap mines - One in the hallway with the door unlock terminal. This is after exiting the first main room. The mine is on the floor on the left side opposite and just past the terminal. The second is in the big chamber area. As one crosses the bridge on the fourth level the mine will be on a shelf on the other side of the room.
- Office key - On the table in a shack type room in the center of the map, on the third level, opens a nearby door.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Butcher's Bill: Since the fall of the Switchboard, the Railroad's been picking up the pieces. Carrington asks the player character to check on the status of the Augusta safehouse.
- Treasure Hunt: The Sole Survivor finds a note that suggests a large number of caps or chems may be stashed nearby.
- Concierge: Mercer's new Railroad agent, Caretaker, needs help clearing a location so that he can make progress on helping a synth escape the Commonwealth.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- The backdoor entrance, coming from the parking garage, is normally barred from the inside. However, there is a car parked outside that can be detonated, which may blow the bars off that door and allow entrance.
- There is a fair amount of glowing fungus growing in the hospital.
Kendall Hospital appears only in Fallout 4.
Xbox One There is a blue-colored door on one of the upper floors of the building that cannot be opened from either side; it will display "close" when interacted with after attempting to open it for the first time and will continue doing so regardless of any further interaction with it.
- ↑ Augusta station last update
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.406: "[7.07] KENDALL HOSPITAL
Those expecting a plentiful supply of stimpaks from this hospital location are in for disappointment. Despite this being used as a hiding point for the Railroad faction, Raiders discovered them, butchered everybody, and are either burning the corpses or throwing them down into a central pit to be consumed by a ravenous beast below. After discovering the bonfire camp, you’ll move up and down this mainly vertical location."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)