Keller family transcripts tell of a pre-war family who were all alive when the first bombs have been dropped in October 23, 2077.
The family members consisted of Alex, Tina, Kansas, Dad and Ralph (Dad's name is not disclosed in the transcript). The relations with each other are unknown due to the fact that there is little knowledge on each individual. Alex, Tina and Ralph may be the children of Dad and Kansas, but there is no solid evidence.
All of the family members (except Ralph) unfortunately died in the underground National Guard Depot (one turning into a glowing feral ghoul know as a Glowing One). Ralph is the only one of the family members who did not enter the bunker. Instead he had walked into a nuclear mushroom cloud, presumably killing himself.
The Keller family transcript consist of five transcripts located around the Capital Wasteland. The tapes are used to gain entry into the National Guard Depot armory bunker where the Experimental MIRV Fatman is located.
- Fast Travel to VAPL-58 Power Station and head North following the power lines, the 3rd power line down will be surrounded with boards on 3 sides, head inside and on the North wall will be a bookcase with the 1st Keller tape.
- Fast Travel to Big Town and head North up to the Hallowed Moors Cemetary, going in the front entrance, the 2nd Keller tape will be on the left on top of the podium.
- Fast Travel to Grisly Diner and head inside, then goto your right and out the back, the 3rd Keller tape is located on a desk at the back.
- Fast Travel to Rockbreaker's Last Gas and turn to the east, you will see an abandoned shack at the top of a cliff, this shack is the location of the 4th Keller tape. Make your way around the cliff from the left side of the mountain. Enter the shack and the tape will be on the workbench on the left.(Note: After the The Waters of Life quest is completed, an Enclave soldier with a sentry bot will be vertibird dropped across from the shack)
- Fast Travel to Anchorage Memorial and head to the North, quickly you will get to the edge, across the chasm you will see a broken down truck and a tent. Make your way across the river to the tent, inside the tent on the table is the location of the 5th Keller tape. Note, there is a Super Mutant or Super Mutant Master and 2 Centaur there. If you are a first time visitor, there is also a Captive inside.
Also inside of the shack containing the 4th tape, inside the locker is the Victory Rifle .
The Keller family and their tapes only make an appearance in Fallout 3.