Keene is an influential nightkin in Jacobstown who has a pull on other nightkin, attracting others to the town and keeping the ones already there from leaving. Marcus claims that Keene is smart, charismatic, and saner than most other nightkin, but also very impatient. Speaking with him will reveal his impatient and highly irritable nature. Eventually, his impatience towards Doctor Henry's cure for nightkin schizophrenia causes him to attempt to take the Stealth Boy Mk. II by force so that the nightkin can see how it works and upgrade all Stealth Boys they find as they roam the Mojave.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Guess Who I Saw Today: After discovering the source of the night stalker mutations and testing the unstable Stealth Boy Mk. II on Lily for Dr. Henry, he and two of his nightkin followers arrive to take the Stealth Boy Mk. II so they can leave Jacobstown, assimilate the Mk. II and upgrade any Stealth Boys they find. Keene can be dissuaded and the situation solved peacefully with a speech skill of 80. Otherwise, he will attack and the Courier must kill him. Marcus claims it was probably inevitable and that it will be hard to attract more nightkin to Jacobstown, and even harder to keep nightkin already there from leaving. It is also possible to give Keene the Mk. II schematics and he and his gang will then leave. This has a significant post-game impact which is explained in the Fallout: New Vegas endings.
Keene actively shows displeasure when speaking with the Courier due to the fact that he hates being visible, as most nightkin do.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- If Keene is killed then resurrected through the console, he and all the other residents of Jacobstown will become hostile.
- If the Courier asks Keene why he dislikes humans, he will again remark that he doesn't like to be seen, in which one is given the option to stare at him, to which he replies "Bah, humans."
- Keene always stands by the door in the area he is found in, before confronting the Courier in Guess Who I Saw Today.
Keene appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "What's the story with Keene?"
Marcus: " He's got a lot of pull with Nightkin, though. He talks, they listen. Was hoping he could draw other Nightkin to Jacobstown. Keene is saner than most, but I know he's thinking of going his own way again. He's aggressive, impatient. Can't stand sitting around."
- The Courier: "Doctor Henry doesn't have the cure just yet, but he's almost there. Be patient."
Keene: "[FAILED] No more negotiating, and definitely no more waiting. This is your last chance before we take it by force."
- The Courier: "What are you planning to do once you have the specs?"
Keene: "There are caches of Stealth Boys out there. With the Mark II in hand, it shouldn't be difficult to upgrade every one of them."