Katja is a slender young woman with a smudged face and dark clothing. She is a scavenger from Adytum who occasionally camps out with the Followers of the Apocalypse in the Boneyard Library, even though she does not follow their way of life. She hates dogs, and will express this disdain out-loud every time the Vault Dweller examines or pets Dogmeat. She is also a possible companion to the Vault Dweller.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a permanent party member.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.||
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Katja is a recruitable NPC located in the Boneyard Library. She can be recruited simply by being asked to join. Afterwards, she can be used to lockpick closed doors. She is also a decent ally with some small arms (e.g. .223 pistol, 14mm pistol, 10mm SMG. Sprite limitations prohibit her from using 10mm pistol and Desert Eagle .44).
- She is extremely deadly with a power fist or a Ripper, usually dealing huge amounts of damage with those weapons. Her biggest drawbacks are her low Strength and HP, that she can only carry a bit of weight, and that she needs a constant supply of stimpaks to be able to endure some battles, especially near the end of the game.
- She can mark the location of The Cathedral on the Vault Dweller's map.
Tell me aboutEdit
|Katja's Tell me abouts|
|Merchants, Police, Experiments, Lieutenant, Razlo, Aradesh, Military, Vats, Scribes, Seth, Tolya, Petrox, Gwen, Diana, Alya, Tandi, Khans, Paladins, Initiates, Exodus, Casino, Gizmo, Killian, Overseer, Boneyard Library, Hall, Watershed, Set, Unity, Master, Garl||I don't know any more about that than you do.|
|Boneyard||The Angel's Boneyard is all that's left of the old city of Los Angeles. Mostly divided among warring factions, these days.|
|War||The War brought misery and death all over the world. I sure hope that something like that never happens again. But from what've seen, there's not much hope for humanity.|
|Adytum||Adytum used to be my home, but those people are just too paranoid and reclusive. They'll never survive by withdrawing from the world.|
|Followers||The Followers of the Apocalypse preach peace and tolerance. Too bad it just doesn't cut it in this world.|
|Cathedral||The Cathedral is a monumental structure south of Adytum by about a day's walk or so. It's run by a weird cult that worships some sort of dark god.|
|Chip, Water||I don't know where you could find such a relic of old technology.|
|Necropolis||What, the city of the dead? Isn't that a myth?|
|Medic||The Followers have a medic on hand at all times.|
|Healing||You should go see the medic at the Followers if you need healing.|
|Vault, Vault-13, Vault13||Weren't the Vaults like big underground shelters?|
|Junktown||Um, small town north of the Hub, I think.|
|Sands||Shady Sands? Never heard of it.|
|The Hub||The Hub's a huge trading center, with all sorts of stores and merchants.|
|Store||The Gun Runners sell stuff, and there's a store in Adytum.|
|Deathclaw||Ugh! The Deathclaws are all over in the Boneyard. I'd rather not even
think about them. Huge and aptly named.
|Children||I don't like kids.|
|Brotherhood||I hear they're some sort of high-tech monks.|
|Base||I suppose there must be some remnants of the old military.|
|Apocalypse||You mean the big war? Wow, you sure have led a sheltered life if you
don't know anything about that.
|Mutants||I've seen a rat with three eyes once. That's about all I know about
|Morpheus||I think he's a High Priest for the Cathedral, or something.|
|Chems||Ugh. No, I'd rather not. I watched a friend die from an overdose of Psycho once. Not pretty.|
|Zimmerman||He's the mayor of Adytum. A fair, if somewhat vacillating, man.|
|Regulators||They watch over Adytum and keep it under control.|
|Scavs||I used to be a scav. We'd go out at night and try to find useful stuff in the ruins of the Boneyard. Very dangerous job. I got sick of Adytum, though.|
|Blades||They're a group of cast-offs who live outside of Adytum.|
|Nicole||She's the leader of the Followers. An intelligent woman, and good hearted, too.|
|Psychics||I get "feminine intuition" occasionally, if that's what you mean.|
|Merchants||Merchants trade with Adytum occasionally, and sell to the Gun Runners.|
- Katja is not mentioned in the Vault Dweller's memoirs.
- She has the Big Guns and Energy Weapons skills supposedly tagged, but her sprite lacks animation frames for such.
Katja appears only in Fallout.