The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The junkyard dog appears to be a Rottweiler which can be bought from Gene, her current master. She was bred by and raised by Gene, and is potentially for sale to someone who he deems acceptable. Gene is extremely loath to sell her but if the Sole Survivor can pass a Charisma check of six or higher he can be persuaded to, painfully, let her go for 250 caps.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.||
- If bought, the junkyard dog can be sent to any workshop settlement that is under the population cap, and will count for five points of defense. She will also go into a doghouse to rest just like Dogmeat.
- If she enters a settlement in workshop mode, she can be moved to the current or another settlement without paying for her, she will add 5 defence and occupy a doghouse. Passing the Charisma check with Gene may be necessary first.
- When looking to find the junkyard dog at the settlement selected when purchased, she will be found at any available doghouse. One can remove all existing ones then place a new one where the player character prefers her to be located.
- In the workshop interface the Sole Survivor can select/move the doghouse and she will follow around while carrying it.
- Unlike with Dogmeat or settlers the Sole Survivor cannot trade with the junkyard dog. However, items can be equipped with console commands or by reverse pickpocketing her to equip dog armor.
- It is possible to encounter Gene again after purchasing a first junkyard dog. If this occurs a Charisma check is not required to purchase another dog, nor is the conversation as long as the Sole Survivor states that they would like to purchase another dog.
- The junkyard dog is the only NPC in the vanilla game with
BonusHappinesswhich counts towards increasing settlement Happiness. The Wasteland Workshop add-on allows for acquisition of cats and gorillas that provide the same benefit. Cats do not contribute to defense rating or actual defense, gorillas do.
- The junkyard dog's equipment may randomly change over time between the various items that Dogmeat can equip.
- The junkyard dog can come different in varieties regarding its fur color as well as what apparel it is wearing (either a chain, leather dog collar, goggles, or a bandana).
- dog cage. The junkyard dog can also be caught in a
- Unige dialog will come up if you encounter him with Dogmeat as a companion.
Junkyard dog appears only in Fallout 4.
- Xbox One If you purchase multiple junkyard dogs from Gene it can change their model I.e. Fur color change ( Bug fix : reload a previous save before purchasing if possible then reload present save ). [verified]
- PC If the Sole Survivor pickpockets a companion near the junkyard dog, he and the other settlers will begin attacking the Survivor, and he will not become docile even after a 24 hour waiting period, unlike the settlers do. This can not be reset using console commands, he will always be hostile following this event. [verification overdue]