It is a pile of everything, most notably junk but they may include a hydropressurization pump, electro-fibrous coil wire, magnetic vacuum seal, power strip and three-pin to three-pin adapters.
- In a crate in the south-east corner of the weapons supply shop of Jacob in the Hub's Old Town.
- Lying on the ground in the Necropolis sewers in the northeast corner surrounded by mole rats.
- On the body of a scavenger in the deathclaw section of the LA Boneyard.
- Sold by Ratch in Fallout 2.
- Found in lockers in the Chop Shop in Fallout 2.
- Used in the Necropolis Watershed for the quest Fix the Necropolis water pump.
- Taken to Miles in Adytum and then used for the quest Fix the hydroponic farms in Adytum.
Even though the NPCs will say that the parts needed to fix the water pump or hydroponic farms are in the sewers or deathclaw playground, any junk parts recovered from any location can be used. For example, the junk found in Jacob's shop can be used to fix the water pump in Necropolis. This can save a bit of time, rather than having to scour the sewers for the "needed" junk.