Junior is the son of Jack and Linda Smith, and one of two children in in Andale, the other one being Jenny Wilson, with whom he seems to get along well.[Non-game 1] He is supposed to marry her when he grows up, just as every Andale boy marries the girl closest to his age.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Our Little Secret: If the Lone Wanderer decides to cooperate with the families and keep their secret, Junior stays with his family living day to day on strange meat pies. If the Wanderer decides instead to eliminate the town's residents (excluding Old Man Harris), Junior and Jenny will go to live with Old Man Harris. He will express some confusion as to what happened, saying that Harris told him and Jenny that their parents went away and won't be coming back.
- He seems to have a vague idea of what his father and Bill Wilson do to new residents that do not agree with their ideals.
- Junior also mentions the fact that Jack and Bill are brothers, and yet they would like Junior to marry Jenny Wilson, who is Bill's daughter, making her his cousin. This disgusts him, as he understands that this is not a generally accepted thing to do.
- "Dad says that I shouldn't want to leave Andale, but I do!"
- "And my dad says that I'm gonna have to marry smelly ol' Jenny Wilson some day."
Junior Smith appears only in Fallout 3.
- "I mean, I've got a family to take care of here. I've lived in Andale my whole life. And my father before me, and his father, and his father's father."
Jack Smith's dialogue
- Old Man Harris: "I married Gladys, just like every boy in Andale married the girl closest to his age."
(Old Man Harris's dialogue)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Tell me about Andale."
Junior Smith: "It's swell! Except... I wish there were more kids. And my dad says that I'm gonna have to marry smelly ol' Jenny Wilson some day."
(Junior Smith's dialogue)
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 79: "Junior Smith
Son of Jack and Linda Smith, he seems to get along well with his young neighbor, Jenny Wilson."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)