Julie Farkas is the leader of the struggling New Vegas branch of the Followers of the Apocalypse. The branch is in desperate need of medical supplies, but no one has been generous enough to give a helping hand. They're simply ill-equipped to help the residents of Freeside because of the rough life Freeside residents lead. She can often be found in western tower of the Old Mormon Fort, where she sleeps and treats people.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 385-3165|
Sells: Medical supplies, Skill magazine
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- High Times: Farkas asks the player to find Bill Ronte and Jacob Hoff and get them cleaned up.
- Cry Me a River: The player character has to ask permission from Farkas for Jerry the Punk to join the Followers.
- Oh My Papa: Papa Khan will send you to Julie, who says she has a friend and co-worker named Ezekiel who knows about Khan history and culture.
- G.I. Blues: Julie sends the Courier to Elizabeth Kieran.
- I Could Make You Care: Julie will say a trigger line for the quest to start.
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog: Farkas will tell the Courier about how to get Rex help in transplanting a new brain.
- Wild Card: Finishing Touches: The Courier can ask her for the Followers to help keep peace in the New Vegas region when New Vegas becomes fully independent.
- Friend of the Followers: Julie is worried about the supply of medical equipment they have at the Old Mormon Fort and asks the Courier to ask around to see if they can get a steady supply, or donate medicine to her.
- Long-Term Care: Julie wants to strike a deal with some local merchants to keep their chem supply flowing.
- When first talking to Julie Farkas, she will ask if the Courier can spare any medical supplies. Giving her supplies increases Followers fame, and with enough donated supplies, she will offer to sell skill magazines and her medical supplies at a discount.
- After completing High Times, she will give 1 stimpak, RadAway or Fixer every 24 hours. The Fixer and RadAway can be traded back to her for XP and Followers of the Apocalypse fame.
- Also, after completing High Times and raising fame with the Followers of the Apocalypse to Idolized, Julie will ask the player character to join the Followers. It appears that the trigger to this invitation is tied to providing her an abundance of medical supplies, which is reached when she makes the above-mentioned offer of magazines and purchase discounts. Upon joining, the Courier will be given the Followers lab coat and the key to the Followers safehouse.
- After achieving Idolized status with the Followers, she will eventually refer the player character to Emily Ortal for The Moon Comes Over the Tower quest to help continue the Followers' work.
- Even though she asks the Courier to talk to the Crimson Caravan about supplies, there is no option to talk to Alice McLafferty about the Followers.
- She also recommends Mick & Ralph's for the above unmarked quest. While there is a dialogue option upon investigating there, it serves only to direct the player character to the Atomic Wrangler.
- After the update there is an upper limit to how many Fixer, Rad-Away or Med-X that can be turned in, in increments of three, about 15-21 doses of each.
- She is notably tall, similar to Arcade Gannon and Orris.
- "You've been a godsend to Freeside."
- "The big man around here is The King. Not much happens in Freeside that he doesn't know about. He has the most influence locally, and some of his crew haven't helped the situation by harassing NCR citizens and charging double for water. Some NCR soldiers have been bringing in supplies, but none of it is going to Freeside locals. I've tried to speak to both sides to no avail."
- "There is always something needing done. A few souls here in Freeside could be great assets to the community, if they'd kick their addictions. We need to get a regular supply of medicine organized, but the Crimson Caravan wants too many caps for what we need. Lastly, tensions between the townies and NCR tourists have been going downhill fast lately. A lot of innocent people will get hurt if things blow up."
- "Our aim is to gradually shape a better brighter future for the wasteland. We seek to heal the planet through efforts not unlike the medicine and education we offer here in the Old Mormon Fort. All we ask is members and those seeking aid do their best to help those in need when the opportunity arises."
- "We arose from the Boneyards of Adytum years ago. Since then, we have made it our mission to rebuild the wasteland and reeducate its inhabitants. We hope to forge a brave new world free of war and poverty by sharing knowledge and resources. Our primary goal is the free exchange of ideas."
Julie Farkas appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- The character model of Julie Farkas has a spiked, punk hairdo, a nod to Nicole, the founder and leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse in the original Fallout.
- Xbox 360 Even if Cry Me a River is failed prior to speaking with her, the dialog options to allow Jerry the Punk to join will be present. [verified]
- Xbox 360 When she marks the location to the Followers Safehouse on your map, the subtitles read: "I'll just mark it mark it on your map." [verified]
- Playstation 3 Julie Farkas will have an endless supply of skill magazines for sale if you exploit a dialogue bug that is covered in the discussion section on this page [verified]
- Xbox 360 She may run through the graphics line and disappear forever if caused to flee. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Julie Farkas may disappear permanently during the quest G.I. Blues (Unknown what may trigger this) making it impossible for you to ask the NCR to cease fire on Pacer. [verified]
- Playstation 3 She may not give you the key to the Followers Safehouse even if you are idolized by the Followers. [verified]
- Xbox 360 While inside her office at the Old Mormon Fort she may become much larger than a normal character model. The player at full height only being as tall as her shoulder. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Sometimes she may get stuck in a pole outside of a tent and will try to walk but won't be able to. Leaving the Old Mormon Fort will fix this. [verified]