|For other characters also named Jules, see Jules.|
Crandon and Jules serve as leaders of the area, joined by a few other locals who are responsible for patrolling North Vegas Square.[Non-canon 1][Non-canon 2] He once roamed the deserts of the wasteland before settling down in the area. Jules describes the North Vegas residents as "independent folk" who make a living trading with merchants and providing protection against hostiles. He provides insight into current events, such as the ongoing conflict with the NCR and the Fiends.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character plays Caravan.||They can bid 0-20 caps.|
- Someone to Watch Over Me: Jules points the Courier towards Andy Scabb if asked about the whereabouts of Alice Hostetler.
- Meeting an Equal: He holds the schematics for .44 SWC hand load ammunition, which he will give to the Courier if they pass a Guns skill check of 50 and a Survival skill check of 60.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc adventurer outfit
Desperado cowboy hat
|.44 Magnum revolver
Jules appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Courier: "What do you do here?"
Jules: "I make sure any dangers to the people of North Vegas stay outside our barriers, stranger. Day and night, I stand watch."
- Courier: "What's your story?"
Jules: "That's a long one, stranger. Let's just say I got tired of killing in the wasteland and now I've found a better home for my old butt."
- Courier: "Tell me about North Vegas."
Jules: "We're independent folks here. Merchants, gamblers, NCR whores, all of them trade with us and we offer protection against critters and the Fiends."
- Courier: "What's your opinion of the NCR, again?"
Jules: "The NCR's just a corrupt and bloated monster, no better than any other Wasteland crawler. We make this land wealthy, and we ain't giving it up."
- Courier: "What's the deal with the Fiends?"
Jules: "They're a bunch of lunatics, so pumped full of chems that they don't give a damn about life anymore. Vault 3's Fiend territory. Those shit-heads attack Westside all the time, even making it to the rest of Outer Vegas when they crawl under the sewers."
- Courier: "I'm looking for Alice Hostetler."
Jules: "Alice ... Oh yeah. I've seen her 'round here much too often as of late. I reckon she's been hanging out with Andy and his crew."
- Jules: "So, let's see it, stranger. Do you know yourself?"
Courier: "I'm one with the land."
Jules: "[SUCCEEDED] We see eye to eye, we speak warrior to warrior ... And I thought myself too old to find an equal, Ha! Listen, warrior. There're two kinds of folks. You load your gun like an ordinary man, or you load it like a devil. We ain't ordinary, are we? See, I pack good brass up with slow-burning powder, then cap it with a heavy semiwadcutter bullet. That's how you make .44 ammo that'll put the fear of the heavens on any waster that dare cross your path."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland p. 305: "North Vegas Square: The fragmented citizens of New Vegas have sealed themselves into different defensible quadrants, and this tactic is just as apparent at the Junk Doors leading into North Vegas Square. Enter North Vegas Square [2B] to meet its citizens, including their self-imposed leader Crandon, and the only other Primary Location, The Gray [2B.01]."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland pp. 328-329: "The Gray: The small fortified camp of North New Vegas, run by Crandon and the stoic Jules has but one large location, close to the manhole cover leading to the North Sewers [U2.N]; the Gray Hotel. Once you enter, prepare for a quick-thinking, or fast-drawing altercation with the chem-addled thugs here. One is guarding a runaway girl's room, who has shacked up here with her boyfriend; a Ghoul named Andy. They only appear if the Side Quest involving them is active."