Background[edit | edit source]
Judah Kreger was an officer of the Enclave, in command of the Devil's Brigade squad stationed at Navarro. He served together with Cannibal Johnson, Orion Moreno, Daisy Whitman, Dr. Henry (before his desertion) and Mark Gannon, Arcade's father.
He was a good leader, able to keep Johnson and Moreno from tearing each other apart, and is extremely loyal to those who served with him. Sometime after the destruction of Control station Enclave, the New California Republic sacked Navarro and he, his squad, Arcade Gannon's mother and the young Arcade himself fled, taking refuge in the NCR.
Everyone took up new identities and jobs in the Republic. Kreger, for example, was a trader. They were forced to flee further east, as Enclave personnel trying to integrate into the NCR were being hunted down by Republic security forces. Kreger and his squad eventually reached and settled in the Mojave Wasteland and went their separate ways, but Arcade still describes him as "the glue that's kept us all together over the years." Afterward, Judah became a trader for a time, before finally settling down in Westside, helping the farmers tend to the crops and keeping watch for Fiends.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- For Auld Lang Syne: Judah is one of the Enclave remnants that the player character has to track down.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Wasteland settler outfit
Pre-War baseball cap
Enclave officer uniform (Battle of Hoover Dam only)
Plasma grenade (Battle of Hoover Dam only)
|Purified water x2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Judah's word for the Remnants bunker is "Navarro."
- If chosen to side with the Legion, Judah may follow the player character into the dam itself and help them fight against Oliver and his men.
- If using console commands to spawn Enclave characters, the Enclave will be friendly to him and he will turn hostile.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Swooping in on a vertibird, guns blazing? Haven't done that in years, but all right, I'm in."
- "I miss those days sometimes. We all had a purpose, you know? I admit that some of the folks in charge were pretty ruthless. The rest of us, though - we were just trying to civilize things. The NCR was still new and it didn't look like they'd last all that long."
- "You've got only one chance at this. I know Moreno - once he's made up his mind about something, there's no changing it."
- "You don't strike me as someone down on their luck. What brings you to Westside?"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Judah Kreger appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playstation 3 Sometimes Judah Kreger will appear in Hoover Dam with out completing For Auld Lang Syne. [verified]
- Playstation 3 During the Second Battle of Hoover Dam he may continue to wear his settler outfit. [verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dialogue with Cannibal Johnson
- The Courier: "I'd like to know more about your former squad."
Judah Kreger: "I was the officer in charge, and Johnson and Moreno were my heavy hitters. Henry handled tech things, and Whitman flew the chopper. Johnson and Moreno never got along, and I had my hands full keeping those two apart some days. It was a difference in philosophy, mostly. "Mercy" was not part of Moreno's vocabulary."
(Judah Kreger's dialogue)
- Cannibal Johnson's dialogue segment title: VFreeformDevilsBrigade
- The Courier: "You make it sound like avoiding innocent deaths was uncommon in the Enclave."
Cannibal Johnson: "I'm sorry to say that it was. Civilian casualties was acceptable and sometimes... encouraged. My former squadmate Moreno didn't need encouraging. Moreno and I might've killed each other if Captain Kreger hadn't been there to pull us apart."
(Cannibal Johnson's dialogue)
- Arcade Gannon: "Judah Kreger is the glue that's kept us all together over the years, and with good reason. Anyone who can command Moreno and Johnson in the same unit without somebody getting fragged is one hell of a leader. Kreger was polite and kind, but never warm. He always did his best to make me feel welcome in the group. I think he did it out of a sense of loyalty to my father. Loyalty means a lot to Judah. Not loyalty to the Enclave, or even the ideals they fought for, but to the people who served with him."
(Arcade Gannon's dialogue)
- The Courier: "What happened to Navarro?"
Arcade Gannon: "After the Enclave's command structure fell apart, it was only a matter of time before Navarro was overrun by NCR forces. My mother and I left with some of the troopers from my father's old unit, the same people I've kept in contact with over the years. Anyone who didn't get out was killed by the NCR. Even some of the ones who escaped were eventually hunted down by the Brotherhood of Steel."
Arcade Gannon's dialogue)
- The Courier: "How long have you lived in Westside?"
Judah Kreger: "Couple of years now. I was a trader for awhile, but got tired of all the walking. Westside was a good place to settle down as any."
(Judah Kreger's dialogue)