Background[edit | edit source]
Wholesome, good-humored, jokey, smart, and kind, Jonas has been James's assistant as well as the Lone Wanderer and James's friend for as long as the Lone Wanderer, who got along with Jonas famously, can remember. He can appear stern and strict if he wants to, but even there his sense of humor asserts itself.
In the late 2260s, Jonas was appointed to be James' assistant by the overseer, who hoped he would be a voice of reason. Jonas and James forged a friendship very quickly and together they worked at examining and treating patients, as well as conducting routine experiments testing the health of the vault. For an unknown length of time, James deliberately kept his assistant in the dark about covert experiments aimed at reviving Project Purity. Eventually, Jonas grew suspicious of the physician's activities and by mid-2274, Jonas was willingly aiding James with experiments related to the project.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Growing Up Fast: Jonas is first encountered during the Lone Wanderer's 10th birthday when James takes the Lone Wanderer down to the generator room to give him or her a present (a BB gun). Jonas later takes a picture of the two.
- Future Imperfect: Jonas is encountered upon opening the office door, telling the Lone Wanderer good morning and good luck on the G.O.A.T.
- Escape!: The Note from dad holodisk can be taken from Jonas's body, containing a message pertaining to James' escape.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
After the Lone Wanderer receives a BB gun for their 10th birthday and kills the radroach, Jonas is able to be punched or shot until he is unconscious. However, he will still take the photo of the Lone Wanderer and their father while he is unconscious.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Ha ha ha. You sure are! Pip-Boy and everything, look at that! If you can wait just one more minute, I think your dad will want to give you the surprise himself."
- "That was amazing, sport! Four strike outs in a row! I'll tell ya doc, I think we're looking at the new Vault 101 MVP!"
- "Don't mean to rush you, Doc, but, I'd feel better if we, got this over with..."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jonas appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]