He and his wife Ruby have lived in Primm since around 2272 and together they run the town's Mojave Express outpost. At first, one can find him at the Vikki and Vance Casino, where he and the rest of Primm's inhabitants fled after the Powder Gangers killed the sheriff and took the deputy hostage in the Bison Steve Hotel.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a merchant.|| 111-1259|
|This character plays Caravan.||They can bid one quarter of their current caps.|
- ED-E My Love: The Courier finds a heavily damaged eyebot named ED-E in Johnson's home in Primm. He says the robot had been left there by a scavenger and offers it to the Courier, provided that it can be repaired.
- They Went That-a-Way: Johnson Nash is the man who tells the Courier what their delivery was and all the details behind it. He directs them to Deputy Beagle to learn more on where their attackers were headed. The Courier was also supposed to give the payment for delivering the platinum chip and the NCR war documents from the New Vegas Strip to him. During the dialogue about the package, Nash mentions his strange encounter with Courier #5 in which he rejected the job when he saw that the Courier was next on the list.
- My Kind of Town: Johnson will give the Courier suggestions on possible sheriffs of Primm and his opinions on them.
- I Fought the Law: Johnson can give the Courier information about the possible NCR attack on the NCRCF.
- Nash mentions that the courier before the player character canceled on them and mentions that he hopes a storm from the Divide "skins him alive."
- Johnson is a Caravan player, but will only play a maximum of five games, similar to Cliff Briscoe.
- Killing this character will result in a loss of Karma.
- When entering Primm with Cass as a companion, she may mention the Nash couple having a son that moved out west.
- "I don't know what it was brought you to Primm, youngster, but you might want to rethink your plans. Town's gone to hell."
- "Well, you can call Beagle a deputy so long as you don't harbor too high an opinion of the word. Boy was 'bout as useful as tits on a radscorpion. Only qualification he ever had was to be brother to the wife of the sheriff. Still, I s'pose he don't deserve what's befell him. We would've considered paying the ransom, if we'd had caps to spare."
- "Hold on there! With everything you already done for this town, I'd feel ungrateful as hell if I let you risk yourself for no good reason! He made me swear not to say a word to no one, but an NCR deserter passed through some days ago and traded for supplies. According to him, the NCR's decided enough's enough and's going to send in a mess of troops to take back the prison any day now."
- "That cowboy robot had us hire six couriers. Each was carrying something a little different. A pair of dice, a chess piece, that kind of stuff. Last word I had from the office, it looked like payment had been received for the other five jobs. Guess it was just your chip that didn't make it. First deadbeat we hired to do the job canceled. Hope a storm from the Divide skins him alive. Well, that's where you came in."
- "Yeah, got this look when he saw you next down on the Courier list. His expression turned right around, asked me if your name was for real. I said, sure as lack of rain, you were still kicking. Then he turned down the job, just like that. I asked if he was sure, it was good money. No, let "Courier Six" carry the package, that's what he said - like the Mojave'd sort you out or something. Then he just up and walked out."
Johnson Nash appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- 000e2882.moveto player [verified] Nash may not go into his shop after helping Primm gain law causing him to never be able to trade with you. One solution, which does not work in all cases, is to fire and rehire ED-E while in Nash's shop. Another possible solution on the PC is to use the console to Kill and Resurrect Nash. Another possible solution on the PC is to go inside the Nash residence and move Johnson to you with
- If you attempt to wake Nash up in order to trade with him, he may become a "floating log" as he moves to his stool behind the counter. You will not be able to talk to him until he arrives there, where he starts to sit down as if nothing happened. [verified]
- There is a chance that your system may freeze upon backing out of the purchase screen. [verified]
- If you talk to him in order to trade with him, he will answer you with "Give me a moment to get back to my shop, and I'll show you my stock", but he will do nothing about it. Asking him again will do nothing. This is due to patch 1.07. The only known way to fix this is to delete the patch or simply never finish the quest to bring law back to Primm or wait until just before the end of the game to finish the quest. [verified]
- The Courier: "Who are you?"
Johnson Nash: "Johnson Nash's my name. Husband to Ruby Nash. Lived in Primm going on eight years now, thick and thin. I'm a trader primarily, for what it's worth with things like they are. I also run the local Mojave Express outpost."
(Johnson Nash's dialogue)
- The Courier: "What was strange about it?"
Johnson Nash: "That cowboy robot had us hire six couriers. Each was carrying something a little different. A pair of dice, a chess piece, that kind of stuff. Last word I had from the office, it looked like payment had been received for the other five jobs. Guess it was just your chip that didn't make it. First deadbeat we hired to do the job canceled. Hope a storm from the Divide skins him alive. Well, that's where you came in."
(Johnson Nash's dialogue)
- Cass: "Good contact, Nash, used to be here. Had a son that went West."
- Fallout: New Vegas 10th Anniversary Charity Stream (reference starts at 5:26:05)
Joshua Sawyer: "'Was Johnson Nash meant to be able to sell stuff even though he's not at his shop?' Yes, 'cause it's...I think just frustrating otherwise."