| ||For other characters in the Fallout universe named John, see John.|
Masters of "claw and paw" combat, John Bear and his brother Grudd are man-mountains with a vicious winning streak in the arena. Thanks to an addiction to RadAway, they are almost impervious to the arena's traps, and the siblings have developed an impressive plan of attack: Grudd holds back, scorching the escaping foe with flamer fire while John rips the victim apart with a deathclaw gauntlet.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
Unsafe Working Conditions: The Bear brothers are the second round's only opponents. John will slash through the Lone Wanderer's armor with a deathclaw gauntlet while his brother attacks with his flamer. The player character will need to kill both brothers to progress through the arena.
- Faydra, coordinator of events in the Hole, comments on how the Bear brothers' ferocity leads people to believe that they are half trog. It is unknown if this is certain, however.
- If the Lone Wanderer kills Grudd Bear first, John will sometimes take his flamer and use it against the player character.
- "They're a couple of mean bastards. Hell, rumor has it that they're half way to trog as it is." – Faydra, describing John and his brother.
- "They're savage! They're brutal! They're here to keep this worker in his place -- the undefeated Bear Brothers! Let's find out if the newcomer can hold his own against real fighters! Release! Fight!" – Arena announcer
- "Those Bear Brothers never saw you comin', did they?" – Faydra
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- ↑ DLC01Quest_DLC01AboutPitt2_0000B3FC_3: For example, they took one survivor, a kid the called "Kodiak". But they left his big brothers behind, because they were too wild and mean. But as it turns out, the Bear Brothers were some of my finest soldiers. At least, until they went up against you. (Ishmael Ashur)