Joana is a prostitute who can be found dancing in Gomorrah's courtyard or in her room at one end of the second floor of the courtyard. She has a Med-X addiction, using it to deal with the loss of her lover Carlitos and sexual abuse by the Omertas lieutenant, Cachino.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is romanceable.||
Cost: 0-100 caps
|This character starts quests.|
- Bye Bye Love: In one of the endings of the quest, she will join her long lost lover Carlitos.
- How Little We Know: If she survives Bye Bye Love, she will inform you that there is something going on in Gomorrah, and start the quest How Little We Know if it has not already been started.
- With 50 Medicine, one can call her out on her addiction and initiate her quest, Bye Bye Love. Alternatively, while progressing through dialogue, a second 75 Speech check can be passed to begin the quest.
- Joana will give the option to have sex with her for the price of 100 caps.
- With the Cherchez La Femme perk or a Speech skill of 75, the player character can have sex with her for free.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Exposed prostitute outfit
Pre-War spring outfit *
Pre-War hat *
* Only during the quest Bye Bye Love.
- Joana is one of the two prostitutes whose services can be used at Gomorrah, the other being Dazzle. These options are available for Couriers of either gender and will take four hours of in-game time.
- If the Courier has talked Joanna into sleeping with them, she will lay down on the bed in her room and the Courier can approach the bed to join. The bed then counts as "owned" and will give the Well Rested bonus.
- Many of the Omerta thugs will state that she has "the hottest ass on the Strip."
- When she goes into her room she pulls out a cigarette even though her inventory does not contain any cigarettes.
- "Well, what do we have here, huh? Let me guess. You've heard about the mistress who makes all your fantasies come true."
- "It's your paradise on this desolate earth, hon. Your troubles are gone, your pain forgotten, and your dreams come true."
- "Come here, baby. I'm all yours... are you ready to be all mine?"
- "He's a filthy monster. I've been with perverted men but Cachino's done things... to me, that - Even other Omertas would also want to kill him if they knew what he does. He's broken so many of their rules that I don't know how he still breathes."
- "I'm... I don't know what's happening to me. I can't feel a goddamn thing anymore, empty and poisoned like the Wasteland. I'm afraid I won't make it out of here, not without Carlitos. If the Med-X doesn't kill me first, Cachino or another Omerta will. Ha, I look pathetic, huh? The great Joana and now... I don't even know why I'm telling you this."
Joana appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Ranger Station Alpha, Ranger Station Delta, Ranger Station Foxtrot, Hidden Valley, Primm, Mojave Outpost, mole rat ranch, Camp Golf, Goodsprings and Camp Searchlight. This can also cause her to become unattainable, thus making "Bye Bye Love" impossible to complete.[verified] Entering the courtyard and leaving before she initiates contact will cause her to chase the Courier across the world. She has shown up at
- If you complete "How Little We Know" before beginning "Bye Bye Love," Joana will disappear from the game world, making "Bye Bye Love" unobtainable. [verified]
- When you have sex with Joana, no sound will be heard. [verified]
- Carlitos and beginning the quest "Bye Bye Love." [verified] Even before completing "How Little We Know," Joana may be unable to be found, even after talking to