|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Jo, see Jo.|
“The horror. Bodies strewn everywhere. Some crucified, while others were left to rot out in the sun. I still wake up screaming in the middle of the night from the horrible images I saw that day.”
An average person of average height and average complexion. Nothing out of the ordinary. Jo is the epitome of average.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: general supplies|
- Something strange is happening at the farm northeast of Modoc. Investigate and report back to Jo: Jo is suspicious that something is happening on the farm. He wants to know what it is.
- Jo is suspicious of the Slags. Find out about the dead bodies at the Ghost Farm and find out what happened to Karl: After the Chosen One delivers the Slags message, Jo will ask them to prove that the Slags aren't dangerous.
Effects of player's actions
- When the Chosen One is talking to Jo to receive the "investigate the ghost farm" quest, they can ask him to cut off his right pinky finger. Should he go ahead, bad Karma along with the the mutilated finger will be received, it is also possible to stop Jo by realizing he is serious about the situation, allowing the man to keep his appendage. If told to "saute the finger in a butter sauce", after he cuts it off however, he will pull out a shotgun on the Chosen One in response to the bad joke.
- This option is only available with positive Karma, and only still if one does not have too much of it. 346 Karma suffice, which the player character can have if they did every quest until now and helped Tyler against Lara. But if one helps Lara (ca. 360 Karma), Jo outright rejects cutting off his finger, saying he is desperate, but not dumb.
- If Jo dies, Bo takes his place as Justice of the Peace.
Behind the scenes
Jo is a reference to the saying "an average Joe", used to describe a person as ordinary and completely normal.
- McJo.msg, line 100