A jet airliner is a large commercial aircraft that flew passengers before the Great War.
Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The jet airliner was an all-metal passenger plane in a blended wing configuration. Passengers sat in the fuselage and in the wings. The wings had large viewing windows on the inboard leading edge, similar to an airship. Meanwhile, the fuselage maintained a standard 3-3 seating.
It was powered by eight nuclear power turbojets in clusters of four on each wing. In addition to engine inlets, the engine clusters also have a fifth intake possibly for air conditioning or turbocharging. The jetliner also had a vertical stabilizer on each wing. Passengers were stationed all down the fuselage. There were two lavatories at the very nose of the aircraft. Just aft of the lavatories was the cockpit access stairs. The cockpit was small with two pilot seats and a data recorder. The aircraft had at least two operators, Horizon Airlines and Skylanes Air.
Airliner crash sites can be found at several locations throughout the wastelands, used after the war for various purposes, such as housing and storage. Super mutants, ghouls, raiders and Gunners can often be found near crashed aircraft.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4
- Three jet airliners can be found at Boston Airport, these aircraft are totally destroyed and their interiors stripped out.
- Remains of one can be found crashed into the East Boston Preparatory School
- The crashed Skylanes Flight 1665 airliner can be found in the Glowing Sea.
- The crashed Skylanes Flight 1981 airliner can be found towards the north of the Commonwealth by General Atomics Galleria.
- Crashed and mostly buried at the crater house. It is possible that the residual radiation in the area is from the jet's nuclear engines.
- A crashed jet airliner can be found on the ocean floor southeast of Spectacle Island. However, parts can be seen on the deck of a tugboat, suggesting that this flight went down prior to the Great War. This plane has Skylanes Air livery on the wings and Horizon Airlines livery on the body.
- Small parts (especially tail cones) can be found scattered across the Commonwealth. Many settlements appear to be made using scrap parts from these aircraft.
- The Horizon Flight 1207 airliner can be found on the Island.
- There is also another wreck lying in the water, southwest of the Island.
Appalachia[edit | edit source]
- The settlement of Horizon's Rest is constructed from the wreckage of a crashed airliner nearby.
- Slightly off the runway at Morgantown Airport resides the remnants of a fuselage.
- A crashed Skylanes Air flight can be found at Wade Airport.
- A crashed plane that belonged to Horizon can be found within the Mire.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 279: "[2.10] SKYLANES FLIGHT 1981
On October 23, 2077, Skylanes Flight 1981 (with service to Boston) had just begun its final descent when the bombs began to fall. The shock wave crippled the plane. Since the crash, the wreckage has been picked over by generations of Raiders and scavengers."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Skylanes 1665 Mayday
- Skylanes Flight 1665 final transmission
- Skylanes Flight 1981 recording