|For an overview of jet in the various Fallout games, see jet.|
Jet has the shortest duration of any Fallout 2 chem. Whereas other chems have long enough durations to not be of concern, since each combat turn is equal to 5 seconds, it is very likely in dense enemy areas (such as the Military Base) to begin the steep withdrawal effects before safety is reached. This is especially true if one has the Chem Resistant trait.
Jet also has a very high addiction rate, the highest of any chem. In fact, with the Chem Reliant trait, it is impossible to use jet without getting addicted - a particularly severe penalty given that jet addiction is permanent without the antidote.
Because of its role in the Fallout 2 storyline, jet is the most prevalent and affordable of all chems (not including alcohol), appearing with some regularity as early as The Den. This helps balance the fact that jet has a powerful effect (the only way for characters already at ten Agility to gain more Action Points, perks aside) but has a hard-to-deal-with addiction and withdrawal penalty.
- The Den, sometimes found on the junkies, and sold by Tubby.
- New Reno, purchased from many different dealers, all of whom stock multiple quantities.
- San Francisco, sold by Lao Chou and Cal.
- Inside the package Big Jesus Mordino gives at the start of the Deliver Big Jesus's package to Ramirez at the Stables quest.
- Carried by some of Mordino's men.
- Jet addiction is curable only by the jet antidote.
- Only two jet can be used at once. Further attempts are met with a message along the lines of "no effect".