The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Background[edit | edit source]
Jen is the youngest scavenger in Foundation, having learned from scavenging with her parents. Her parents had a complicated relationship, both Chinese spies who fell in love despite it being forbidden. Because Jen's birth was completely unsanctioned, she was never indoctrinated into Chinese thought like her parents were from birth (but still learned Chinese from her parents), but Jen still knew of her parent's occupation as spies. Despite her heritage, she has lived in America for her entire life, mostly in the Capital Wasteland. Her mother disappeared suddenly in 2092, leaving her and her father alone. Assuming she was dead, the two moved on. Her father fell to the horrors of the wasteland soon after, and Jen buried him in his stealth suit.
Since then, she has fallen in with the Settlers at Foundation. She is pulling her weight as a talented electrical engineer, familiar with all sorts of high end, especially Chinese technology, but does not give that away for fear of how Great War survivors might react. However, she is not adept at hacking and usually collaborates with other people when working on robots.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.||* Invisible Ties|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Invisible Ties: The player character must track down a functioning Chinese stealth suit for Jen but stumbles across a familial connection to Jen.
- Division of Wealth: Jen waits in Freddy Fear's basement with the rest of the group.
- All That Glitters: Jen helps the player break into Vault 79 by bypassing laser grids.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
After the completion of Invisible Ties, Jen will award the player character with plans for the Chinese stealth armor and helmet. She will also give them a note, Note from Jen, which states that she managed to find plans for standard Chinese stealth armor, though it is not as advanced as the prototype she wore. At this point in the story, however, she had not yet used or worn the stealth suit, having only just acquired it earlier in the quest.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
Jen has multiple endings and outcomes as a result of the player's actions during the main quest of Wastelanders. A choice will be presented during Invisible Ties to either kill Mochou, or with a high enough Charisma or Intelligence, convince her to spare Mochou.
- If the player character chooses to kill Mochou, Jen will express disappointment and ask to talk once she gets back to Foundation. She will continue to work with Foundation until All That Glitters, after which she will be removed from the Founder's Hall, leaving only the "Jen's goodbye" holotape in her room, which details that she wishes to leave Foundation to bury her mother beside her father to the north in the Capital Wasteland.
- If the player character is able to convince Jen to find a way to spare Mochou, Jen will stay in Foundation after All That Glitters. "Jen's journal, entry 1" can be found on the table in her room. Mochou can also be found in Jen's room, now wearing a green laundered dress instead of the stealth armor.
- If the player character chooses to side with Crater, Jen will be removed from the Founder's Hall with no explanation or holotape, whether or not Invisible Ties has been completed. This could possibly be due to a bug.[verification needed]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Nuka-World geyser shirt & jeans
Nuka-World geyser jacket & jeans (Invisible Ties)
Chinese stealth armor (All That Glitters)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Jen and Samuel seem to have a fairly strong relationship. He states that she has style that he can respect. It is implied that Samuel has a romantic interest in her, though it is never shown whether or not she shares this interest.
- According to Captain Fields, she constantly bickers with Sergeant Radcliff. This can be seen during the Vault 79 raid, where they will occasionally lightly argue or fight. Captain Fields excuses Jen due to her young age, but holds Radcliff to a much higher standard.
- Unlike the Chinese stealth armor the player character can craft themselves, her prototype suit can cloak at any time rather than exclusively while crouching. This has its limitations, as the suit will occasionally fritz out and stop functioning. She will make note of this when it occurs.
- Even if Jen is no longer present in Foundation, characters such as Paige, Samuel, Captain Fields, and other unnamed settlers will reference her as though she is still in Foundation.
- If the player character asks about her friendship with Penelope Hornwright, Jen will state that Penny is very smart and has promised to teach her "loads of fun things." She also says that she is working on turning the Liberator used in Invisible Ties into a "soothing personal assistant."
- If the player character chooses to speak to her in the Gold Operations Center during Division of Wealth, she may still talk about leaving to bury her mother in the Capital Wasteland, even if Mochou was not killed. Both she and her mother will still be in Foundation regardless of this.
- Jen and Radcliff are very capable in combat, even against enemies of similar or higher level.
- If the player chooses to treat her poorly during Invisible Ties, Jen will steal a portion of the gold during the Vault 79 raid and leave entirely.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Vault Dweller: "Where did you all come from?"
Jen: "Oh, I joined up with them north of here a while back. They seem to be from all over this region. My family used to live in what's now the Capital Wasteland."
- Vault Dweller: "What's China like?"
Jen: "I honestly have no idea. I was born here sometime after the war and I've lived here my whole life. Mostly in the Capital Wasteland. My parents didn't talk about it much. I know they didn't want to go back, that they weren't supposed to have me or fall in love with each other. We were just a normal family of survivors, except sometimes my parents had to go do things. Then one day my mom just never came home."
- Vault Dweller: "What's "the next part" that you mentioned?"
Jen: "I need to find someone good with robots. I'm alright with electrical stuff, but it's a software issue."
- Vault Dweller: "You should ask Doctor Penelope Hornwright for help when you see her."
Jen: "I feel like I recognize that name... is she good with robots? I can do electrical stuff but hacking and whatnot is beyond me."