The building and surrounding area are all that remain of the pre-War skydiving school, now occupied by a few Powder Gangers. A small plane still sits behind the main building, slowly rusting into the ground.
The location consists of a small shack, sitting at the intersection of Nevada State Route 160 and Interstate 15. A pickup truck is parked to the right of the front door, with a briefcase in the bed. Just behind the shack is an airplane, down a set of stairs. A crate of explosives can be found nearby. The interior is simple, equating to a small room with a desk and some lockers.
- Locker key - On the table with the broken ham radio. Unlocks the locker containing random loot in the back of the room.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - On the same table.
- The traveling merchant (bounty hunter) can be found leaning against the front exterior wall here during I Fought the Law.
- The explosive crates in the area are marked to owned and looting them equates to stealing.
- The Powder Gangers will sometimes fight with the bloatflies flying around the area.
- wasteland adventurer was set to appear just outside of the area, but was cut from the game. The
Jean Sky Diving appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
Jean Sky Diving is based on the real world location of Jean Sport Aviation Center, a small airport utilized for recreational aviation such as gliding and skydiving in Jean, Nevada. The airport is located at the same highway interchange, with the exception of Interstate 15 meeting Nevada State Route 161 instead of Nevada State Route 160.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.385: "[4.12] Jean Sky Diving
At the junction of the Long 15 and the road that winds into Goodsprings [4.05] are the remains of an old skydiving school, now overrun by a few Powder Gangers. The small plane still sits, slowly rusting into the ground. The nearest you can get to the skies is up on the roof, allowing views of the scrubland, and Bloatflies you can shoot. Inside the shack are the following items:
* Weapon Repair Kit
* Sunset Sarsaparilla Cap [56/100]"
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)