|For the location in Fallout 3, see Jalbert Brothers waste disposal.|
Jalbert Brothers Disposal was a small junkyard located southwest of Lexington, near the Corvega assembly plant. The junkyard had recently become an outpost of the Children of Atom, but the inhabitants seem to have killed themselves from radiation poisoning by worshipping the radioactive barrels. Fires still burn throughout the camp, and it is now abandoned except for up to eight mole rats.
Jalbert Brothers Disposal is a fenced-off area encompassing a few trailers and buildings, with makeshift fortifications including a sniper nest that has a commanding view to the south. A trip line in the junkyard area to the southwest will drop a grenade if not disarmed (under the forklift-looking machine with the raised car hulk). There is also a gun trap located near the large shack activated via tripwire. There are indoor areas including a large pre-War temporary building containing a bed.
There is a radioactive barrel to the north side, and one can be irradiated while inside. The northeastern corner has a shack containing large amounts of radiation and an Advanced locked computer terminal. Contained on the computer is the "Word of Atom" - a log of the fate of the Children of Atom. It also has an Expert locked safe, which contains random weapons and ammunition. There is an armor workbench next to the radioactive shack on the north side and a cooking station next to the forklift in the center.
Slightly to the northwest of the main site is a train car containing a number of ghouls and radioactive barrels. There is a frag mine on the bed of the train car next to a dead settler, as well as an expert locked safe and a number of food items within.
- Mini nuke - Inside the shed, in the pile of highly radioactive barrels (hidden inside the pile).
- Bottlecap mine - On the ground to the right of the Nuka Cola machine.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the barn with the barrels.
|Curie||"Are these Cultist truly human now? Or have they mutated beyond that point?"|
|Deacon||"I could totally see why they chose this magnificent location for a shrine. I feel closer to Division already."|
The Jalbert Brothers Disposal appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.304: "[3.05] JALBERT BROTHERS DISPOSAL
When wandering the Commonwealth, a follower of the Atom may find themselves in need of meditation and a chance to reflect. Or in the case of the cultists here, a pack of Mole Rats. The cultists have joined the Great Atom. You may, too, if you stay long enough in the irradiated garage. It is here you can read Brother Edmund’s Journals (Advanced), unlock his floor safe (Expert), and locate the trunk and Mini Nuke."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)