| ||For other characters named Jacob, see Jacob.|
“Julie is a saint, but I don't need help. I feel young and strong, as long as I get my chems.”
Jacob Hoff is a natural at chemistry, who used his talents to homebrew detox chems before he became a junkie himself while working for the Garrets.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
- If Jacob dies during High Times the quest can still be completed for partial XP, but Julie Farkas will not start giving free medical supplies to the Courier afterwards. If both Jacob and Bill Ronte die during the quest, the Courier will gain infamy with the Followers upon turning it in. This can sometimes happen accidentally if caught in the crossfire with Freeside thugs.
- You may run into him drunk at the Atomic Wrangler.
- If the Courier both helps Jacob detox as part of High Times, and also sets up a supply deal between the Followers of the Apocalypse and James Garret through an unmarked quest from Julie Farkas, Jacob will begin supplying purchasable Rum & Nuka to the Atomic Wrangler.
- "Julie is a saint, but I don't need help. I feel young and strong, as long as I get my chems."
- "If I had two caps to scrape together I'd buy the materials to make my own, but my damn hands won't stop shaking. This guy named Dixon. Something about him seems sketchy, but I can't stop now. Last time I stopped, I felt like I was going to turn inside out. At this point, I'm mostly buying his stuff just so I don't feel sick. Speaking of which, do you have any spare caps?"
- "Thank God! I thought I was going to die if you didn't come back soon. I'm going to head to the Followers' fort to get some rest and detox. You've saved my life, friend."
Jacob Hoff appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.