|For other characters named Jackson, see Jackson.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Jackson was not born with "the look." While a young man, however, he discovered a strange device in the wreckage of a ship. While examining it, he inadvertently activated a long-dormant power source connected to a holographic head. Jackson, deeply superstitious, interpreted this event as the manifestation of a powerful spirit. Jackson would return here with increasing frequency to "commune" with the spirit. This disembodied head, in reality, is a sentient person. During Jackson's séance encounters, he would be given instructions.
Thanks to the efforts of followers who slowly began appearing in Jackson's presence, along with the piecemeal guidance he passes along from his "visions" of the brain, the tribe has set up a surprisingly effective hydroponics system to grow large quantities of punga fruit. This harvest, thanks to Tobar's service as a trader, draws a steady trickle of fresh blood into the area, thanks in large part to the addictive properties of the plant. These entrepreneurs and addicts often wind up inducted as new tribe members.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
The only interaction with the player character is during the Hearing Voices quest where one has to talk to Jackson.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- His health seems to be the lowest among all of the tribals.
- Killing Jackson after talking to him will result in no Karma loss. Killing him will not affect the tribals' disposition towards the Lone Wanderer. This will not affect the quest if one speaks to him first.
- Killing Jackson as he is talking to the hologram, before speaking to either him or the hologram, will open a different initial dialogue with the latter.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When meeting Jackson, he might be stuck in the middle of the table to the left of the projector projecting Professor Calvert's hologram. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Several lines of Jackson's spoken dialogue differ greatly from the accompanying subtitles. [verified]