There are five irradiated hot-springs around a small hill in the center with two poles on it. Next to the poles are some ammunition boxes and other loot. When standing here a strange noise can be heard. The area is highly irradiated; and it is advisable to bring some type of radiation-resistant clothing such as the radiation suit and some Rad-X and RadAway when exploring.
The area is populated by centaurs, evolved centaurs and, at the very back, up against the mountains at a camp, a super mutant master armed with a heavy weapon. He may also have a super mutant or an additional super mutant master backing him up.
Upon arrival via fast-travel, the player may find close to the location where they spawned, a bighorner calf that has been ambushed by giant ants who are now eating the body.
- A Stealth Boy located on the small hill with the poles.
- Super mutants carry a light machine gun, minigun or heavy incinerator.
- Oddly enough, the pools of water do not ripple when being shot at.
- If you do not yet have a radiation suit, there is one nearby to the east at the hidden supply cave
- While in the Jack Rabbit Springs area the sound of a Vault door opening can be heard.
Jack Rabbit Springs appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
There is a Jack Rabbit Springs located in the Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Nevada. The refuge can be found approximately 90 miles north-west of Las Vegas, in the Amargosa Valley of southern Nye County.
PC The super mutant master and centaurs may spawn under the map, or even fall under the map. Both alive and dead. [verified]
- They will sometimes pop back up after being under the map, if they are chasing you towards flat ground like the Ivanpah Dry Lake or race track.