|For other characters named Jack, see Jack.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Jack and Diane are advisers to Papa Khan. The pair run a drug trafficking ring, supplying both their own group and those in the surrounding region with chems. Jack learned chemistry from the Followers of the Apocalypse when they visited the Great Khans and uses this knowledge to produce the drugs, while Diane handles the business end of the operation.
Regis tells the Courier that the pair has been looking out for one another since they were kids, and any mention of harm coming to Diane results in anger from Jack. Despite this, when comparing the two, Anders shares that although Jack and Diane both come up with ideas, Jack always has the "soft touch" compared to Diane.
Jack is an easy-going individual and is open to speaking with the Courier, focusing less on topics of tribal culture than the other Great Khans. He is also sympathetic, not only showing care for Diane's well-being, but also that of Jerry the Punk. Jack disapproves of calling him the nickname and explains that he is just "a sensitive soul that needs some love."
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: * Chems|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Aba Daba Honeymoon: The Courier, with sufficient Science and Survival skills, can teach Jack how to make other chems such as Party Time Mentats, Slasher, Rocket, as well as Hydra and super stimpaks. If Jack is convinced to begin manufacturing and selling these new types of chems, he will reward the Courier with a choice of 50 caps per recipe and chem, or a Karma boost and Great Khans fame if the player character chooses the "just helping out" option.
- Oh My Papa: Jack can be spoken to concerning the alliance with the Legion.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- After Aba Daba Honeymoon is completed, Jack will start to stock the new variants of chems, which the player character can purchase. If one completes the quest without teaching Jack the recipes, he will not stock them afterward.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Great Khan simple armor||Switchblade
9mm submachine gun
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Do? We don't, like, do anything. We make the magic happen."
- "You seem really... high-strung. You know, I'm sure some of what I make my chems out of was an antipsychotic at some point...."
- "Dude! What a total haul! No way that's copasheshy."
- "Dude... wait, what? That's totally kakadoodle, man. You been huffing fumes in the Magic Bus or something?"
- "I don't know what you've been smoking, but where can I get some?"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When you give Jack a new recipe for a Chem, the screen will black out, and roughly a few hours pass. After that, the screen will zoom in (maybe to begin dialogue with him), and then zoom back out and have another time lapse. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Jack's Speech challenge for the Oh My Papa quest (Speech check 60) can be repeated an infinite number of times, even after the quest has been completed. This challenge earns 60 experience points each time it is performed, allowing the player to gain infinite experience points. However, if you rescue the runner Diane said went missing, you will not be able to use this exploit. (Still works after patch 1.02 on Xbox 360) [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 After teaching Jack all of the chems in the quest Aba Daba Honeymoon and finishing Diane's portion of the quest, you may not be able to finish the mission or learn the Khan Trick unarmed attack. [verified]
- PC On PC, after Oh my Papa, Jack may not spawn at all [verified]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and is speculative and may not be accurate.|
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
References[edit | edit source]
- The Courier: "How'd you get into this business?"
Jack: "Guess I just had a natural talent for it. When I was a kid, these cats called the Followers of the Apocalypse came to our camp. They knew all kinds of kooky scientastical stuff, so I ate up all the chemistry they could teach. Diane had the head for business, so we teamed up."
- The Courier: "What would convince Jack and Diane to support me?"
Regis: "You'd have to talk to them - but those two have been thick as thieves since they were kids. Convince one and the other will come around."
- The Courier: "Who's Diane?"
Jack: "Diane's my girl, man. We've been taking care of each other our whole lives, ever since our folks died. Now we keep the Khans in caps together."
- The Courier: " "
Jack: "[SUCCEEDED] Dude! What a total haul! No way that's . Yeah, okay, me and Diana got your back. No sweat."
- The Courier: "Are you Anders? Jack and Diane sent me to look for you."
Anders: " They did? Heh. Probably mostly Jack's idea, he always was the soft touch. Thanks. You've saved my life, and done the Great Khans a huge favor. I'll be heading back to Red Rock Canyon now - maybe we'll see each other there."
- The Courier: "Who's Jerry?"
Jack: "Ah, the other dudes call him Jerry the Punk. That's kind of harsh, though - I think he's just a sensitive soul that needs some love. He's usually down around the proving ground if you want to say yo."