|The following is based on mod content available for Fallout: New Vegas and is not canon.|
JSawyer is a personal modification for Fallout: New Vegas created by project director Joshua Sawyer, intended for those willing to experience a harder, more challenging game. It was first released on December 29, 2011. It also includes several technical fixes and tweaks (particularly to the Karma system), that were not included in previous patches. While it is considered unofficial by its creator, it does provide insight into the aims of the lead developer and contains planned tweaks that never made it into the final release or in official patches.
Joshua Sawyer released a version two to JSawyer on January 8, 2012. With the second version comes fixed oversights missed in version one and added tweaks to existing changes.
Sawyer released version three of JSawyer on January 31, 2012. Same as with version two, version three fixed missed oversights, changes to existing content, and balance of certain tweaks.
On May 15, 2012, Sawyer released version four of JSawyer consisting mostly of fixed item values and most notably hides the pre-order bonus packs around the Mojave Wasteland.
Sawyer released version five of JSawyer on September 29, 2012. Different from the other updates, version five has 2 parts, Sawyer's first version of five fixes several oversights and changes XP values in add-on quests, while 5.1, with the help of experienced modder Xporc, changes the thresholds for H2O, FOD and SLP which were unable to get into the original update as intended and also adds several other fixes.
Installation[edit | edit source]
JSawyer requires not only the base game of Fallout: New Vegas, but also all of its official add-ons installed: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Gun Runners' Arsenal, and Courier's Stash.
To install it, put jsawyer.esp in your Data folder. While no additional files are required, it does require a load order manager such as Fallout Mod Manager. JSawyer must be loaded after the core .esm and all add-on .esms. If not, the mod will not be properly installed.
Main features[edit | edit source]
This is an overview of JSawyer's main features based on the current version of the mod (5.1). A full chronological changelog can be found further below.
Player character[edit | edit source]
Leveling: The level cap is reduced from 50 to 35, the amount of XP required to level up is increased by 33%, and various quests had their XP rewards tweaked.
Health: The player's base health is lower, and the health the player gains per point of Endurance is reduced.
Carry weight: The player's carry weight is significantly lowered (150 to 50).
Perks: Various perks have had their requirements and effects tweaked. In addition, perks (and the Gun Runners' Arsenal challenges) that affect specific weapon types have been fixed to include all weapons of that type. For example, Shotgun Surgeon now also affects the sturdy caravan shotgun from the Courier's Stash.
Hardcore mode: The first threshold at which the player gains penalties for not eating/drinking/sleeping is now higher (400), but subsequent levels come quicker (at 150 intervals).
Karma: Killing feral ghouls no longer grants the player good karma, and the player gains far less good karma from killing evil characters. Various characters also had their good/evil character alignment changed.
Loot and item balance[edit | edit source]
The Courier's Stash: The items from the The Courier's Stash DLC are no longer given to the player for free at the start of the game. Instead all the items are spread across various locations in the Mojave Wasteland.
Item Scarcity: Food and drinks are considerably more rare in containers and NPC inventories, especially purified water.
Healing items: Stimpak weight was increased from 0 to 0.25 and they heal slightly less. Regular stimpaks have also been made more rare by adding a new less effective "Expired Stimpak" to the game's loot list. In addition, the stimpaks that you craft yourself are a less effective homemade version. Nuka Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla restore less health, but now restore H2O as well.
Equipment: A lot of changes were made to weapons and armor to make them more balanced, see the full changelog below. Various items are now lighter to compensate for the lower carry weight, they break less often, and various weapon projectiles fly faster. A lot of armors have had their Damage Resistance and Damage Threshold values increased, making the player's choice of weapon against armored enemies more important.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
|The following is the original document or a transcript thereof.|
v1 changes[edit | edit source]
- fPCBaseHealthMult set from 2 to 0.5 (quartering initial player health)
- fAVDHealthEnduranceMult set from 20 to 15
- Stimpak Weight set to 0.25
- Super stimpak Weight set to 0.5
- MFCs weight lowered from 0.1 to 0.05 (Optimized to 0.033)
- SECs weight lowered from 0.078 to 0.03 (Optimized to 0.02)
- ECPs weight lowered from 0.025 to 0.02 (Optimized to 0.013)
- Automatic rifle Min Spread lowered from 2.5 to 1.6
- Automatic Rifle V.A.T.S. attack set to Long Bursts
- K9000 mod - Mentat chow RoF increase lowered from 0.4 to 0.2
- K9000 cyberdog gun and FIDO ejection set to .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum cases, respectively
- Cowboy, Grunt damage bonuses reduced from 25% to 20%
- Tin Grenade recipe no longer requires Mad Bomber
- Sprtel-Wood 9700 Health raised from 1000 to 2000
- Multiplas rifle Health raised from 50 to 150
- Tesla Cannon Health raised from 80 to 160
- Tesla-Beaton prototype Health raised from 40 to 120
- Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon Health raised from 30 to 100
- LAER Health raised from 75 to 125
- Elijah's advanced LAER health raised from 50 to 90
- Plasma projectile speed raised from 7500 to 15000
- Q35 projectile speed raised from 17000 to 32000
- Plasma caster projectile speed raised from 20000 to 25000
- Plasma Caster Health raised from 80 to 125
- Riot Gear Helmets (all) changed from Heavy to Light
- Lightweight metal armor and Metal Armor given 10 DR
- Metal armor, reinforced given 12 DR
- Gecko-backed metal armor given 13 DR
- Gecko-backed metal armor, reinforced given 15 DR
- Remnants power armor given 35 DR
- NCR salvaged power armor given 20 DR
- T-45d power armor and Brotherhood given 25 DR
- T-51b power armor and Brotherhood given 30 DR
- Scorched Sierra power armor given 20 DR
- Armor of the 87th Tribe given 18 DR
- Gannon family Tesla armor given 25 DR
- Recon Armor given 10 DR
- Combat Armor given 8 DR
- Combat armor, reinforced given 11 DR
- Combat armor, reinforced mark 2 given 12 DR
- NCR Trooper Armor (all variants) given 5 DR
- Riot gear given 12 DR
- Advanced riot gear given 13 DR
- Elite riot gear given 14 DR
- US Army combat armor given 15 DR
- Christine's CoS recon armor given 12 DR
- Desert Ranger combat armor given 13 DR
- NCR Ranger patrol armor given 8 DR
- NCR Ranger combat armor given 12 DR
- Legion centurion armor given 9 DR
- Legion vexillarius armor given 7 DR
- Marked Men Trooper Armor given 3 DR
- Marked Men Tribal Armor given 4 DR
- Marked Men Patrol Armor given 5 DR
- Boone's upgraded armors changed to Medium (were Heavy), given 8 DR
- Junk Rounds recipes adjusted to create larger batches of junk rounds instead of normal rounds.
- .45 Auto Junk Round and recipe created.
- 12.7mm Junk Round recipe created.
- All Junk Round values set to 0.
- Dehydration, Sleep Deprivation, and Starvation Rates all halved (twice as fast)
- Base healing of Doctor's Bag/Rad Away halved
- Fire bomb set to explode on impact
- Fire Bomb explosion damage set to 50, burn damage set to 9/sec for 15 secs
- Created Fire Bomb recipe
- Katana Equip/Unequip sounds changed to sword sounds
- Automatic Rifle, Bozar added to Grunt weapons list
- Police pistol added to Cowboy weapons list
- All Junk rounds added to respective ammunition lists
- fKarmaModKillingEvilActor from 100 to 5
- fKarmaModKillingVeryEvilActor from 2 to 30
- Colonel Moore Alignment changed from Neutral to Evil
- Colonel Hsu Alignment changed from Neutral to Good
- Dam Centurion Alignments changed from Evil to Neutral
- Doctor Usanagi Alignment changed to Very Good
- Dixon Alignment changed from Neutral to Very Evil
- Jean-Baptiste Cutting Alignment changed from Neutral to Very Evil
- Gloria Van Graff Alignment changed from Neutral to Very Evil
- Alice McLafferty Alignment changed from Neutral to Evil
- Alice McBride Alignment changed from Neutral to Good
- Squatter Alignments changed from Neutral to Good
- The King's Alignment changed from Neutral to Good
- Contreras' Alignment changed from Neutral to Evil
- Westside Citizens and Militia Alignments changed from Neutral to Good
- Gomorrah Prostitutes Alignments changed from Neutral to Good
- 1E Junkies' Alignments changed from Neutral to Good
- Michelle Kerr and Samuel Kerr's Alignments changed from Neutral to Good
- Base Carry Weight lowered from 150 to 50
- 20 Ga 3/0 Buck and 12 Ga 4/0 Buck damage bonuses (from base buckshot) added
- Strong Back benefit lowered from 50 to 25
- Hoarder benefit lowered from 25 to 15, minimum weight lowered to 75 from 160.
- All Power Armor enchantments have an Increase Carry Weight effect equal to the weight of the armor, with the condition of HasPerk PowerArmorTraining or GetIsID for Veronica, Arcade, or Christine
- NCR Salvaged Power Armor weight lowered to 28
- Power Armor flags disabled on all Power Armor and Helmets (no longer explicitly requires PA training)
- iMaxCharacterLevel lowered from 30 to 15 (making total max character level 35)
- All granted XP halved for all levels of difficulty.
- Sturdy caravan shotgun spread lowered from 4 to 1.8, AP cost lowered from 27 to 19
- Increased Armored Vault 13/21 Jumpsuit Health from 100 to 200.
- Laser Pistol (+GRA variant) DAM/Crit DAM from 12 to 16. Now displays bonus crit chance (though this message disappears with mods).
- 9mm Pistol DAM/Crit DAM from 16 to 18. Maria from 20 to 23.
- Silenced .22 pistol DAM from 9 to 12. Crit DAM from 18 to 30. Health from 100 to 350. FoV from 65 to 55.
- Silenced .22 SMG DAM from 10 to 11. Crit DAM from 20 to 26. FoV from 60 to 45.
- .357 revolver FoV from 65 to 50, Lucky from 55 to 45
- 9mm Pistol FoV from 65 to 60, Maria from 55 to 50.
- Laser Pistol (+GRA variant) FoV from 65 to 55.
- Laser Rifle health from 125 to 300. Now displays bonus crit chance (though this message disappears with mods).
- Recharger rifle now displays bonus crit chance.
- AER14 prototype now displays bonus crit chance. Health from 100 to 200.
- Laser RCW FoV from 65 to 50.
- Armored Vault 21 Jumpsuit now available from Sarah Weintraub's store.
- Armored Vault 13 and 21 Jumpsuits now use RepairVaultSuit, which now includes all F:NV base Vault Suits.
- Armored Vault 21 Jumpsuit now grants +1 LK, has 12 DT, costs 2000.
- Non-player character loot will drop fewer purified waters (vs. dirty waters) in general.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla now restores 25 H2O, but only 12 health.
- Base Nuka Cola now restores 25 H2O, but only 13 health. Other Nuka Colas also restore 25 H2O.
- Rum & Nuka no longer affects H2O.
- Purified and Dirty water restores 10 health (as before), but over 10 seconds instead of over 5 seconds.
- All Pre-Order Special Armor and Weapons set to drastically reduced values.
- Pre-Order Lightweight Leather is now +10 Sneak.
- Pre-Order Tribal raiding armor now 6 DT, +20% Poison Resist, +5 Survival.
- Vault 13 canteen Effect now occurs every 7.5 minutes instead of every 5.
- 10mm pistols' FoV reduced from 65 to 60.
- Created Stimpak, Expired to take the place of the more common Stimpak drops
- Created Stimpak, Homemade to take the place of workbench-created Stims. Includes -1 PE for 18 seconds (as Healing Powder).
- Adjusted Stimpak random lists to favor 4:1 Expired to normal Stimpaks.
- Set ordinary Stimpaks to heal 20 (base)
- Pre-Order pack consumable numbers adjusted (e.g. fewer 40mm grenades, more Throwing Spears).
- H2O, FOD, and SLP thresholds pushed back. The first comes later (400), but subsequent levels come more quickly (150 intervals).
- Set Doc Mitchell's Chemistry Set to give Homemade Stimpaks
- Mercenary Pack now gives ordinary Stims instead of Super Stims
- Barton Thorn now carries a Plasma Pistol + ECs, his class is now JSawyerWastelandTechSalvager, with EW Tagged.
- Johnny/Johnny's stand-in now carry a 65% CND Recharger Rifle.
- Created a pack of "Deranged Bright followers" near Wolfhorn Point, armed with Tier 1/Tier 2 Energy Weapons.
- Recharger Rifle weight halved (15 to 7.5).
- Recharger pistol weight from 7 to 4.5. Crit rate to 1.5 (as Rifle), now displayed as well.
- Set all Powder Ganger factions to Evil to prevent karma loss for stealing from them.
- All random non-player character food and drink drops set to dramatically lower rates (25 = 5%, 50 = 10%, 75 = 20%). Also affects many containers.
- LLCLCenturionMeleeWeapons leveled list had Sledgehammer added as default/level 1 weapon, Fire axe as level 12 weapon.
- VFactionSquadLegionVeteranArmor, CondLegionArmorVeteranAll set from level 15 to 1, CondLegionArmorCenturionAll set from level 1 to 15
- CondLegionArmorCenturionAll removed from VFactionSquadLegionPraetorianArmor
- Legion Assassin low-level gear lists thinned out/cleaned up overall to prevent odd low-level drops (see above).
- Sensor module added to ClutterToolBoxLow
- Sensor modules and cherry bombs drop rate tripled on VendorMisc list
- Created Sierra Madre vending machine recipe and note for Microfusion Cells (produces 6). Oooh! Where could it be?!
- Moved .357 Magnum Sierra Madre vending machine recipe to the desk immediately outside the contraband room door in the police station.
- Pre-War money VAL changed from 10 to 2.
- All (known) Feral Ghouls set to Neutral alignment.
- fMoveHeavyArmorPenalty from 0.15 to 0.1 (10% speed penalty instead of 15%)
- fMoveMediumArmorPenalty from 0.075 to 0.05 (5% speed penalty instead of 7.5%)
- fMove2HBigPenalty and fMove2HRPenalty from 0.1 to 0.05 (5% speed penalty instead of 10%)
- Alcohols set to restore 10-15 H2O instead of damaging H2O.
- Laser rifle beam splitter dropped to (properly) create only one additional beam.
- Recurring Sierra Madre "Big Bonus" voucher (after NVDLC01 completion) replaced with +25 chips as an economy-preserving measure.
- Gold bar value dropped from 10547 to 3500 as an economy-preserving measure.
- Rushing water attack speed bonus dropped from 50% to 20%.
- Stealth suit Mk II given 9 points of DR
- A Light Shining in Darkness added to Religious Weapons challenge in GRA.
- Various missed adult Mojave deathclaws added to Deathclaw Pro Hunter list.
v2 changes[edit | edit source]
- Logan's Loophole modified to cut the player's advancement off at 20th level. I know that ruins the reference but...
- Broad Daylight level prereq from 36 to 24, Sneak 70 prereq added.
- Certified Tech level prereq from 40 to 24, Science 90 prereq added (Sawyer mistakenly wrote Sneak on his changelog, but the perk requires Science points.)
- Just Lucky I'm Alive, Thought You Died, Ain't Like That Now prereqs from 50 to 34.
- Gum Drops from 1 to 0.25 weight.
- Bubblegum from 1 to 0.1 weight. Wow!
- Reverted XP halving to address more comprehensively through iXPBase and iXPBumpBase
- iXPBase set to 275 (from 200) & iXPBumpBase set to 200 (from 150) - Increasing required XP by a little more than 1/3.
- Lowered base player HP (before any bonuses) from 100 to 50.
- Reverted fPCBaseHealthMult change as it had no obvious effect.
- Lowered fADVHealthEnduranceMult from 15 to 10.
- Vanilla F:NV HP formula: 100 + (End * 20) + ([Level - 1] * 5) -- JSawyer HP formula: 50 + (End * 10) + ([Level - 1] * 5)
- Sierra Madre martini HP bonus dropped from 75 to 40.
- Adjusted Dale Barton's, Lacey's, and Little Buster's Caravan decks. (Little Buster was given an Ultra-Luxe Joker 1 and a Lucky 38 Joker 2, Lacey was given a basic Joker 1, and Dale Barton's deck was restructured to not feature so many Tops cards.)
- Reduced weight of non-Salisbury Steaks (Coyote, Dog, Gecko) from 1 to 0.8
- Switched all Pre-Order items to be sold at Chet's store. Nothing is given to the player outside of what Doc Mitchell hands him or her.
- Switched all Pre-Order message boxes to corner messages.
- Unique Pre-Order item prices raised to slightly above their non-unique counterparts.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle weight dropped from 5.5 to 5, health bumped from 100 to 120.
- Mod slots removed from Weathered 10mm pistol.
- Metal armor and Lightweight metal armor Health set to 200.
- All Raider armor weights dropped from 15 to 7.5.
- Merc Outfits all given two bonuses: one weapon skill at +10, one non-weapon at +5. The exception is Merc charmer: three non-com at +5.
- Normal Merc Outfits all given 3 DT.
- "Unique" versions have "Reinforced" added to front of name. Value from 50 to 1200, DT set to 8.
- Raider armors all given misc bonuses. Unique versions have those bonuses + weapon skill bonuses.
- Leather and Reinforced Leather Armor weights dropped from 15 to 9. Gecko-Backed to 9.5.
- Raider armor healths dropped from 100 to 75.
- Adventurer: +5 Science, +10 Energy Weapons
- Charmer: +5 Barter, +5 Speech, +5 Medicine
- Cruiser: +10 Melee Weapons, +5 Sneak
- Grunt: +10 Guns, +5 Repair
- Troublemaker: +5 Lockpick, +10 Explosives
- Veteran: +5 Survival, +10 Unarmed
- Painspike: +3 Critical Chance
- Sadist: +15 Health
- Badlands: +10 Action Points
- Blastmaster: +20 Fire Resist
- Sharp-dressed raider's armor: +3 Crit, +10 Guns
- Hand-me-down raider armor: +15 Health, +10 Melee
- Highway scar armor: +20 Fire Resist, +10 Explosives
- Psycho-Tic Helmet: +5 AP
- Arclight Helmet: +10 Fire Resist
- Blastmaster Helmet: +10 Explosives
- Wastehound Helmet: +10 Radiation Resist
- Boogeyman's hood: +15 Radiation Resist
- The Devil's Pigtails: +8 AP
- Pyro helmet: +15 Explosives
- All unique Merc and Raider armors and helmets added to Mick's store
- Emily Ortal's dialogue fixed so the 6 PE check is run on the Courier. Now you too can know the gross sexual history of Emily Ortal.
- Removed pic of VAULT MOM AND DAD from Vault 21.
- Metal Armors from 30 to 20 weight.
- Gecko-Backed from 33/35 to 23.
- Lightweight Metal Armor (Pre-Ord) to 15 weight.
- Most Medium armor weights lowered.
- Armor of the 87th Tribe weight lowered to 25 lbs.
- Armored jumpsuits to 8 weight.
- Sierra Madre armor to 8 weight, Reinforced to 9.5
- MM Scout Armor to 7 weight.
- Vault 34 security armor to 9.5 weight.
- Lobotomite jumpsuit to 5 weight.
- Hazmat suit to 8 weight.
- Assassin suit to 8 weight.
- Chinese stealth armor weight to 7, bonus to Sneak now +25.
- Created WithAmmo forms for the 5.56mm Pistol and Battle Rifle.
- Placed 5.56mm Pistol and Battle Rifle on various drop lists.
- Apocalypse gladiator armor DR from 0 to 17. Weight to 22. VAL to 3500.
- Apocalypse gladiator helmet VAL to 700.
- Shellshocked combat armor and Helmet revised.
- Road Rascal leather armor revised.
- Wanderer's Leather revised.
- All-purpose science suit weight from 2 to 6.
- Followers lab coat given 8 DT. VAL from 16 to 1000. "Reinforced" added to the end of the string.
- Recon armors given +15 Sneak. Christine's CoS recon armor given +20 Sneak. Recon Armor effect string renamed to "Recon Armor".
- Metal armor -1 AG enchantment replaced with -15 Sneak enchantment.
- Salvaged NCR power armor given -10 Sneak instead of -1 AG
- Power Armor Training carry weight bonuses halved from old (mod) values.
- Commando armor revised to be Metal Armor, Reinforced with a +20 Sneak bonus.
- Shellshocked combat armor + helmet and Composite Recon Armor + Helmet added to Nellis munitions vendor.
- Other unique metal/leather/raider/merc armors split between Cliff Briscoe and Mick.
- .308, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum drop rates increased in Military Footlockers in Old World Blues.
- Flamer Fuel weights halved.
- (GRA) suffix removed from all GRA ammunition subtypes.
- (GRA) suffix removed from GRA weapons that have base game equivalents (e.g. Baseball Bat)
- All standard weapons with moddable GRA equivalents given all GRA mods.
- Instances of standard Assault Carbine Mags and 12.7mm Silencers removed/replaced with GRA equivalents.
- Weapons (now) lacking GRA suffixes removed from the Master of the Arsenal challenge weapon list.
- Weapons like the Battle rifle, Bozar, Katana, Tin Grenade, etc. retain the (GRA) suffix for challenge/achievement/trophy purposes.
- Fixed incorrect icons for Ballistic fist, Displacer glove/Pushy, and Zap glove/Paladin Toaster
v3 changes[edit | edit source]
- THE MOST IMPORTANT BUG HAS BEEN FIXED: "HAS BACKPACK" HAS BEEN CHECKED ON ALL RANGER COMBAT ARMOR AND RIOT GEAR!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Sturdy caravan shotgun added to ShotgunSurgeonWeaponsList
- Super Slam, Piercing Strike, Unstoppable Force, Slayer set to have OR conditionals for equivalent Unarmed or Melee Weapons skill levels.
- Lead Belly now negates ST penalty from eating raw meat (of all kinds).
- IsHardcore condition on raw meat ST reduction removed. This means you will always suffer ST loss from eating raw meat unless you have Lead Belly.
- Ninja now adds 15% to Critical Hit Chance with Melee/Unarmed (instead of multiplying by 1.15). Prereq allows Melee Weapons or Unarmed to qualify.
- Lady Killer and Cherchez La Femme damage bonuses increased from 10% to 15% due to proportionally lower numbers of female characters in the game.
- Demolition Expert now has only 2 ranks. Each rank grants +10% damage and +10% larger explosion radius. Don't worry; Explosives are still very powerful.
- Marksman carbine and All-American removed from Grunt list.
- Battle rifle and This Machine added to Grunt list.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle, Great Bear grenade rifle, and Red Victory grenade rifle added to Grunt list.
- Plasma Spaz now (also) increases attack rate with plasma weapons by 20%.
- Rad Absorption now decreases radiation 10x faster (was 1 per 20 seconds is now 1 per 2 seconds).
- In Shining Armor perk condition fixed to get the Attacker Weapon as EnergyWeapons.
- Stonewall DT bonus vs. Melee/Unarmed weapons increased from 5 to 10.
- Missing metal armors (NCR salvaged power armor, Gecko-Backed, etc.) added to In Shining Armor list.
- Composite recon armor removed from In Shining Armor list.
- Loneseome Road metal armors and helmets (e.g. Armor of the 87th Tribe, Marked beast helmets) added to In Shining Armor lists.
- Elijah's Last Words Attack Speed bonus replaced with 25% damage bonus and extended to Unarmed weapons. Condition set up properly.
- Elijah's Ramblings Melee Weapons critical hit bonus dropped to 25%
- Roughin' it! bedroll kit weight dropped from 15 to 10
- Blood sausage healing effect dropped from 5 points per second to 2 points per second.
- Blood sausage and Black blood sausage marked as Food Items (affected by Survival and count toward Desert Survivalist).
- Thin and Thick red pastes marked as Food Items.
- Red Pastes and Blood Sausages VAL reduced to the 5-15 range as an economy-preserving measure. All now Restore Starvation in Hardcore.
- Them's Good Eatin' drop rate lowered from 50% to 15%.
- Implant GRX daily uses dropped from 5 to 2 and 10 to 3 for each rank, respectively.
- Logan's Loophole updated to max out at 21 (was 20) since someone pointed out that the age limit in the book was 21 (30 in the film and original perk).
- Meltdown now only triggers from plasma weapon kills (anything affected by Plasma Spaz). This was previously an undocumented change (sorry). (This omits the plasma mine.)
- Cass's Caravan Shotgun spread reduced and DAM/Crit DAM increased significantly (due to her relatively late acquisition in the game).
v4 changes[edit | edit source]
- Added regular Hatchet to Never Axed For This challenge + perk.
- Fixed critical hit chance on Certified Tech perk.
- Tin Cans and Bent Tin Cans weight from 1.0 to 0.1.
- Tribal Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~*
- Caravan Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~* (The sturdy caravan shotgun is mistakenly replaced with a second copy of the mercenary's grenade rifle, making the shotgun unobtainable.)
- Old CS scripts adding items to Chet's invetory have had those lines commented out.
- New (single) message indicates items are placed around the Mojave Wasteland.
- I Never Axed For This challenge and perk added.
- Classic Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~*
- Mercenary Pack items moved to a *~ Secret Location ~*
- Level cap properly set to 15, adjusts up to 35 with all DLC. This was stealth fixed for v3 a day after launch, but there you go.
- Auto-Inject Stimpaks and Super Stimpaks set to match Stimpak / Super Stim healing rates.
- Expired Stimpak set to 50 VAL from 75.
- Set the Roughin' it! bedroll kit ingestible to 10 lbs. from 15.
v5 changes[edit | edit source]
- That Gun added to The Professional list
- Wanderer's leather and Highway scar armor placed in Mick and Cliff's stores respectively.
- Ranger battle armor renamed to Lucky Battle Armor. Stats adjusted, Reilly's Rangers decals removed. Placed in Cliff's Store.
- Has Backpack flag checked on Power Armors.
- Bent Tin Can = Tin Can! recipe added. It turns Bent tin cans into Tin cans!!!! WOW!!!!
- All primary quest XP in DLCs reduced by 66%. Edits were made in the quest scripts.
- Replaced accidental secondary placement of duplicate Mercenary's grenade rifle with the Sturdy caravan shotgun.
- Fire axe and Knock Knock added to Never Axed For This challenge weapon list.
v5.1 changes (Josh Sawyer)[edit | edit source]
- Changed the fHC*TextThresholds to match the fixed H2O/FOD/SLP thresholds.
- Raised the fHCSleepDeprivationRate from 25 to 18 (faster).
v5.1 changes (Xporc)[edit | edit source]
- Undeleted the vanilla Dehydration Stages, Hunger Stages and Sleep Deprivation Stages.
- Gave them the JSawyer stages values.
- Deleted the JSawyer stages.
- Set Radiation Stages to match the other HC stages because of how the HUD ticks over (all have to use the same value).
- Fixed the Ammo127mmJunkRounds ammo weight: from 0.006400 to 0.064000, which was an old bug fixed for the vanilla game but never for Dead Money.
- Fixed all the Power Armors that were using the ArmorHeavyAudioTemplate instead of the ArmorPowerAudioTemplate.
- Fixed all the Riot Gear Helmets ("Riot gear helmet", "Advanced riot gear helmet" and "Elite riot gear helmet") to have the proper Equipment Type (Head Wear, was Body Wear before).
- Removed dirty edits from cell TestJoshWeapons.
- "Vault Mom & Dad Pic" in Vault 21 was undeleted, and its Enable State was flagged as Opposite to the Player Character.
- Edited the "SoldierLeader" class to have a third tagged skill, Energy Weapons. In the vanilla game, the class had the Big Guns tagged skill.
- Removed dirty edits from container VendorContainerVanGraffs.
- Removed dirty edits from dialog topic vfreeformlucky38Lucky38FollowerEmilyTopic017.
- Since vfreeformlucky38Lucky38FollowerEmilyTopic030 was edited previously, two bugged topics were now shown to every Player Characters, one of them based on the "Cherchez La Femme" perk, and the other one based on the "Black Widow" perk, even if the Player was lacking said perks. Both dialog topics are now fixed to appear only when the correct perk is present.
- Removed dirty edits to fAVDHealthEnduranceOffset, fDiffMultXPVH , fDiffMultXPVE, fDiffMultXPH, fDiffMultXPE, fMagicMedicineSkillMult game settings.
- Fixed the NCRHeavyTrooperWeapons list to have the JSawyerWithAmmoBattleRifleNPC sublist rather than the JSawyerCondBattleRifleLoot one, which meant the NCR heavy troopers were spawning without Battle rifle ammunition.
- Fixed the NVDLC04LootNukeModsLIST list: the vanilla 12.7mm SMG silencer and the vanilla Assault carbine extended mags were removed without adding back the GRA variants as with other leveled lists. This has been fixed.
- Fixed the "Vending machine code - "Microfusion cells" note to have a Microfusion cells icon rather than a .357 Magnum rounds icon.
- Removed dirty edits to Canyon Runner.
- Removed dirty edits to Dale Barton.
- Fixed the NVDLC02EnchArmorMetalGecko object effect to have a "Reduced Sneak" effect of -10 rather than -1, which was a typo since all the other Metal Armors were changed to have a -10 effect.
- Fixed the JSawyerEnchClothingRaiderHelmetBogeymansHood object effect - it was previously called "Bogeyman's Hood", when the helmet name was really "Boogeyman's hood".
- Added more conditions to the "Them's Good Eatin'" perk ("Equal to 0 IsChild" and "Equal to 0 IsEssential") to avoid unkillable NPCs farming.
- Fixed the NVDLC02FirebombProjectile projectile to use the JSawyerFireBombExplosion explosion when shot and destroyed, rather than the GrenadeFragExplosion explosion.
- It was mentioned in the mod ReadMe that the Recharger pistol was supposed to have a "Crit rate to 1.5 (as Rifle), now displayed as well". Since it was lacking those changes, this has been added. Other changes from that date (12.26.2011) seem to not be missing in the present ESP file.
- Fixed a wrongly-assigned .NIF mesh for the Power fist ("PowerfistValvesChambers.NIF" was put twice, erasing the proper "PowerfistChambers.NIF").
- Removed dirty edits to Caravan shotgun.
- Removed dirty edits to Cram Opener.
- Removed dirty edits to Two-Step Goodbye.
- Removed dirty edits in cell 000E1940 of the WastelandNV WorldSpace.
- Removed dirty edits in Cell 000E1948 of the WastelandNV WorldSpace.
- "Empty Sunset Sarsaparilla Bottle" near the Highwayman was undeleted, and its Enable State was flagged as Opposite to the Player Character.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Item: Stimpak, homemade - +15 Hit Points, -1 Perception for 18 seconds or, +3 Hit Points per second for 5s, -1 Perception for 18 seconds (HC) Homemade stimpaks take the place of the workbench-created regular stimpaks from the base game.
- Item: Stimpak, expired - +8 Hit Points or, +2 Hit Points per second for 4s (HC). Expired stimpaks take the place of the more common stimpak drops. In the mod, stimpak random lists were adjusted to favor a 4:1 ratio of expired stimpaks to stimpaks.
- Challenge perk: Never Axed For This - Requires 4000 dealt damage with axes for each rank, +2/4% critical chance with axes. Minor bonus to critically hit with Hatchets, Throwing Hatchets, Tomahawks, Proton Axes, Proton Throwing Axes, Protonic Inversal Axes, and Protonic Inversal Throwing Axes.
Developer quotes[edit | edit source]
When asked about the purpose of creating JSawyer, Joshua Sawyer elaborated on the balance changes and bugs unable to be fixed in the 18-month development window for Fallout: New Vegas. In the same post, Joshua Sawyer also praised JSawyer Ultimate, a mod that integrates the changes of JSawyer while also being compatible with a host of other popular mods.
Download[edit | edit source]
- Diogenes Lamp - latest version only
References[edit | edit source]
- Diogenes' Lamp: v2 patch notes
- Diogenes' Lamp: v3 patch notes
- Diogenes' Lamp: v4 patch notes
- Diogenes' Lamp: v5.0 patch notes
- Diogenes' Lamp: v5.1 patch notes
- Was there a specific reason for you to make the Jsawyer mod for New Vegas or was it something you always had in mind? Do you have any opinions on the Jsawyer ultimate edition mod?