The isolated cabin has a small interior living area, with a suitcase on the destroyed bed, a locked safe (Picklock 0) against the left wall, and a toolbox on the table. There is a water pump and cooking station just outside the cabin, along with a cooler on the destroyed bench.
There are woodpiles near the cooking station and additional piles lined up alongside the cabin. There is an outhouse just up the hill containing a first aid kit and a note. The doghouse contains science equipment such as test tubes and has a periodic table of elements on the inside wall. Two starlight creeper bushes grow outside the cabin.
- Ghoul's note 1 and note 2 - Notes, hanging by the cabin's door.
- Untitled poem - Note, inside an outhouse to the east of the cabin.
- Checklist - Note, on the remains of Reuben Gill.
- Shelter-building supplies - Note, on the remains of Reuben Gill.
- Reuben's safe key - On the remains of Reuben Gill.
Behind the scenes
Inside the doghouse near the rusted truck is a mathematical formula written in chalk. This is an Einstein field equation and gravitational constant, first published by Albert Einstein in 1915.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.287: "06. ISOLATED CABIN
This modest shack is set in the woods; the inhabitant is long gone. Read the notes scattered about to get a glimpse of a past life. Check the tent and outhouse. Either the world's cleverest dog resided here, or a chemist was using the shack's kennel as a hiding place."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)