|For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenade.|
For an overview of other chemical and gas grenades, see Chemical and gas grenades.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A self-contained incendiary bomb, the Army/Navy 205M incendiary hand grenade is a multi-purpose weapon that can be used to damage, immobilize or destroy a variety of targets including weapons, ammunition, vehicles and soft targets. Unlike conventional incendiary grenades, relying on thermate mixtures designed for use as a tool, the AN-205M uses a modern combat mixture that allows it to be used offensively. Upon detonation, the sheet metal casing disintegrates, creating an incendiary blast in a two yard or 1.8 meter radius. The burning mixture sticks to targets like napalm, continuing to deal fire damage until it burns out several seconds later.
This grenade is an improved holdout weapon.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- 188 trading post - Occasionally sold by the arms merchant and Michelle Kerr.
- Goodsprings - Occasionally sold by Chet.
- Hoover Dam - Occasionally sold by Quartermaster Bardon.
- Mojave Outpost - Occasionally sold by Lacey.
- Morning Star Cavern - One grenade may be found in the nearby explosives crate.
- Novac - Occasionally sold by Cliff Briscoe.
- Primm - Occasionally sold by Johnson Nash.
- Ruby Hill mine - May be found in an explosives crate.
- Silver Peak Mine - May be found in an explosives crate.
- During the quest Bleed Me Dry, two can be found on the corpse of a super mutant near the pile of cazador eggs.
- Five can be found on Legate Lanius.
- Legionary assassins - Occasionally found on their corpses.
- Gun Runners - Occasionally sold by Vendortron at higher levels.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an enemy is killed by the explosion, said enemy is hurled high into the air, along with being set on fire.
- Despite being an incendiary grenade and setting enemies on fire, the up-front damage done is explosive, so may not benefit as significantly as one would expect from Pyromaniac.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Xbox 360 They will sometimes not be considered holdout items even when all other grenades are.[verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Rather than simply lighting the enemy on fire after they're dead, it will turn them into a pile of plasma goo, such as when scoring a critical hit with a plasma weapon. [verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Radius of 450 units, 128 units = 2 yards.