“Implant Y-7 is an enzyme booster that increases the Health (HP) gained from foods and recovers additional Action Points (AP) per food item consumed.”— In-game description
This perk is available to the player after finding the Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant Y-7 on a terminal at the X-13 research facility. It can then be purchased from the Auto-Doc in The Sink for 20,000 caps.
This perk has two separate effects:
- It adds +5 to the total Hit Points recovered from consuming food items.
- Each food item consumed will instantly replenish 2 expended Action Points.
- Note that your maximum AP will not be increased by eating food.
- Multiples of the same food type can be used consecutively to restore AP; either hot-keyed, or via the Items screen of the Pip-Boy.
- AP can be restored to your current maximum, including any bonus AP from items such as Jet and Sugar Bombs.
- This implant will assist in completing the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- The implant is stated to help lose weight, however, this is not seen in-game and is purely for flavor.
Behind the scenes
- All Old World Blues implant perks use this image, and they are the only perks with no Vault Boy or Vault Girl included in the perk image.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.