“Implant Y-3 places an internal filtration system in the digestive tract that strips any liquid consumed of all radioactive particles before being processed by the body.”— In-game description
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Removes radiation taken when drinking dirty or irradiated water, soft drinks, and alcohol from the Pip-Boy inventory.
- The message "Implant Y-3 removed ingested radiation" will appear on-screen.
- The amount of radiation removed is dependent on the player's current radiation resistance level.
- It has a lesser effect when drinking from irradiated faucets, toilets, urinals and water ponds. Radiation effects are lowered to +1 rad.
- There is no on-screen message when drinking from these sources.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the way the perk's effects are calculated (1 - (Player.GetActorValue RadResist / 100)), it is less effective at higher levels of radiation resistance. Using dirty water as an example:
- RadResist 15%, drinking dirty water (Rad+5) → no radiation
- RadResist 69%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → no radiation
- RadResist 70%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → radiation +1
- This perk is an alternative to the Lead Belly perk, but does not affect irradiated food.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- All Old World Blues implant perks use this image, and they are the only characteristics in the SPECIAL that have no Vault Boy or Vault Girl included in the image.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.