Implant GRX functions as a non-addictive drug with the same effects as Turbo: slowing down the Courier's surroundings to give them more time to act. It is accessed from the inventory in the Aid section of the Pip-Boy, with the supply replenishing every 24 in-game hours. This perk can be taken twice, for enhanced effects:
- Rank 1: it can be used five times a day, and lasts two (pre-Turbo) seconds per dose.
- Rank 2: it can be used 10 times a day, and lasts three (pre-Turbo) seconds per dose.
The effects of multiple doses are cumulative.
- The stated duration is for time before it has been slowed by the Turbo effect. As a result, the "real" duration is much longer.
- With the Chemist and Day Tripper perks, rank 2 of Implant GRX will last eight seconds in real time with each use. With Logan's Loophole, Chemist, and Day Tripper, the duration of each use (rank 1) is 16 seconds in real time.
- Keep in mind that rank 2 of this perk cannot be taken with Logan's Loophole.
- The Fast Times perk does not affect Implant GRX duration.
- Like all chems, the duration of Implant GRX will stack with multiple doses. This can result in a lengthy duration of slow motion by consuming many doses at once (up to 80 seconds in real time using all 10 doses with GRX rank 2, Day Tripper and Chemist).
- Implant GRX cannot be added to a hotkey.
- The effects of the implant are not cumulative with the chem Turbo. Doses of Turbo taken at the same time will be wasted.
Behind the scenes
The image for this perk is the same as the icon for the RobCo processor widget, a quest item in Fallout 3. All implant perks from Old World Blues use this image, and they are the only perks that have no Vault Boy or Vault Girl included in the image.