|For an overview of Nuka-Cola, see Nuka-Cola.|
Nuka-Cola entered the beverage market in 2044, with the invention of the soft drink by John-Caleb Bradberton after two years of experimentation. It contained 120% of the recommended daily allowance of sugar, and took the United States market by storm, and within a year could be purchased nationwide. Its popularity rapidly increased and within several years it was the most popular beverage across the globe.
The unique taste of Nuka-Cola is the result of a combination of 17 fruit essences, balanced to enhance the classic cola flavor. Additives such as aspartame, phosphoric and citric acid, caramel color, caffeine, and potassium benzoate were added to carbonated water along with additional natural flavors, resulting in the product's formula. 
It was marketed as being fortified with vitamins, minerals and "health tonics." Ingredients were combined in just the right proportion, to the level that shortages of ingredients or changes to the recipe were noticed by consumers. Frequent consumption could cause addiction, which led to splitting headaches.
It is created using the workbench, the only ingredient being Nuka-Cola, provided the player character has chosen the Nuka Chemist perk. It restores a total of 80 HP in 20 seconds (4 HP per second), decreases Sleep by 60 and increases Dehydration by 10 (in hardcore mode). It also adds 2 rads.
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Ice cold Nuka Cola (2)
- Three can be found at the bar in the Mojave Outpost barracks.
- Two can be found in the Camp McCarran terminal building, on the second floor in a chest freezer near the jail cells.
- With the Nuka Chemist perk, for every three bottles of Nuka-Cola, two bottles of ice cold Nuka-Cola can be made.
- Higgs Village. One can be found on the floor of the kitchen of house #102, in
- Some can be found in the kitchen of the Ultra-Luxe in a freezer surrounded by empty bottles.
- Consuming an ice cold Nuka-Cola provides a single bottle cap, just like any other Nuka-Cola product.
- Ice cold Nuka-Cola will never get warm. It will stay chilled in the inventory indefinitely.
- Nuka-Cola can't be chilled by conventional means, which is why the ordinary fridges throughout the wastes do not hold any in their inventory (assuming the ordinary fridges still work to begin with).
- Despite the boosted effects, it has the same value as regular Nuka-Cola.
Behind the scenes
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- During 2015/2016 a real version of Nuka Cola Quantum could be purchased online and in Target stores worldwide.