Background[edit | edit source]
After the Family came to Arefu and his parents were killed, 15-year-old (born 2262) Ian was taken in by their leader, Vance, who feels a sort of kinship with him. When he was younger, his sister, Lucy, was always there to talk about his feelings, but when Lucy took off for Megaton, Ian was left alone in Arefu as the settlement's only child, sending him into a downward spiral of depression. Vance took Ian back to The Family's home, and Ian now ponders what his life has become and what he is to do next.
Cannibal[edit | edit source]
Ian West lived with his parents in Arefu for many years with a strange condition that caused him to have a hunger for human flesh. He claims that this condition may have been caused when he hit his head when he was younger. Ian states that he and Lucy were playing outside, when a scavenger started harassing the brahmin outside of Arefu. When Ian went to warn him to stop, the scavenger shoved him aside, causing Ian to hit his head on a rock. Ian then jumped up and tore the scavenger's throat open with his teeth before his sister Lucy pulled him off and they swore to never tell anybody. Eventually, without the presence of his sister, he snapped and killed his parents. The Family were attacking at this point, and so the act was witnessed by their leader, Vance. Subsequently, the Family took him in and tried to convince him that he was not a monster. Disturbed by his strange hunger for human flesh, Ian goes under the guidance of Vance.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Blood Ties: During the quest Blood Ties the player character has an opportunity to convince Ian to come back to Arefu and leave The Family.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I'm a mutant, a fucking freak! The only person I was ever able to talk to was my sister Lucy, and she's gone."
- "Of course it matters! The past is what's keeping me up at night. That night is like a bad dream... I can see parts of it but I don't remember what happened. It was the fucking hunger. That thing that's haunted me my entire life!"
- "She... she really misses being home and she's asked about me in here a lot! I think I had it all wrong. I shouldn't have come here. I bet Lucy is feeling just as bad as me. Please, tell Vance I've made my decision. I'm going home to Arefu. I hope to see you there as well."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Ian West appears only in Fallout 3.
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- IanWest.txt - Lines 18 and 19 He just laughed and pushed me away. When I fell, suddenly my head started to hurt and my eyes got all blurry. It was almost like I blacked out. Next thing I know Lucy was pulling me off of the guy... I had ripped his throat open with my teeth.
- IanWest.txt - Line 12: Since my parents were already dead, they drank their blood and left the mark on the wall. He didn't want Evan to suspect I had done it.