Background[edit | edit source]
This deserted and flooded town has been taken over by Scutter's raiders, and rumor has it they have a penchant for skinning and wearing their victims. Gunners have successfully infiltrated his war band. In addition to providing valuable intel, the mere rumor of infiltration has led to a witch-hunt among the raiders, effectively neutralizing them as long as they're busy trying to catch the spies. However, Captain Wes has put any permanent removal of the raiders on hold.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Hyde Park is a flooded market town where crude catwalks traverse the buildings, with the way up starting on the northeast side. The town's ruins are now inhabited by raiders.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Grognak the Barbarian issue #9 - On top of a safe directly behind a red chair. This is on the same roof as the steamer trunk and the raider leader.
- Signed, your neighbors - Paper note, on the same rooftop as the magazine, on top of the mattress.
- Day Tripper - Between a mirror and a toilet in a partially destroyed house northeast of the main road.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Raider Troubles: A group of settlers is struggling to defend themselves against a nearby group of raiders and asks the Sole Survivor for help.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- Treasure Hunt: The Sole Survivor finds a note that suggests a large number of caps or chems may be stashed nearby.
- Appropriation: When speaking with Evan Watson of the Institute Advanced Systems section, he'll tell the Sole Survivor he is impressed with the Brotherhood of Steel's technology and that the Institute could learn a lot from it and asks for help in finding some blueprints.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Stop the Raiding: The Sole Survivor becomes aware of a group of settlers being terrorized by nearby raiders and can offer to help.
- A Permanent Solution: One of the leaders of the Nuka-World raider gangs tasks the player character with neutralizing a target to further their gang's aims.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The church on the southwest end of the town is a battle area that can feature the Brotherhood of Steel, super mutants and raiders as combatants.
- An entry on Wes' terminal at Gunners plaza indicates the Gunners had spies infiltrate the Hyde Park raider gang.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Hyde Park appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.382-383: "[6.08] HYDE PARK
Local reports state that this seemingly deserted town has been taken over by Raiders with a penchant for skinning and wearing their victims. Most neighborly. You are advised to remain away from the flooded main thoroughfare to maximize your chances of survival."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Gunners plaza terminal entries