The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Hunting the Hunter is a side quest in the Fallout 4 add-on Far Harbor. This quest is unavailable until the player character has recovered the Courser chip during Hunter/Hunted and completed the sidequest The Arrival for Chase.
|Far Harbor side quest: Hunting the Hunter|
|Speak to Dejen|
|Find and kill the courser.|
|Report to Dejen.|
|Reward: ~400 XP|
Once the Sole Survivor has been welcomed to Acadia and helped out Chase, talking to Dejen on the first sublevel will bring up the topic of an Institute Courser presence on the Island. Dejen claims the courser tracked Chase all the way from the Commonwealth because she "screwed up" during her last visit there and tasks the Survivor with hunting down and eliminating the threat to Acadia. The target can be found at a radiant location somewhere on the Island. Once the courser has been eliminated, returning to Dejen ends the quest and the Sole Survivor gets a discount of 20% when buying or selling from now on.
- Often when arriving at the Courser's location, he can be found fighting multiple trappers. This may make the battle slightly easier, but it is not uncommon for them to team-up against the player character.
- This quest can be obtained regardless of the Institute's condition or fate from the main quest in the base game.
- Old Longfellow dislikes it if the Sole Survivor accepts this quest. He also dislikes the Sole Survivor boasting to Dejen about having defeated Coursers before (if applicable during dialogue).
- If you speak to the Courser prior to entering the Institute he will respond as if you already have.
- No synths will spawn after the Courser dies.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One After killing the Institute Courser, the Sole Survivor could be unable to speak to other NPCs, starting line being constantly "Hey, Dejen". To fix this, just end the quest by speaking to Dejen again. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Mission fails to start, ever. Dejen does not initiate quest dialogue.[verified]
- PC Sometimes after arriving at courser's location you may find him fallen through the terrain. To fix that, enter tcl command to disable clipping, float to courser to target him (move closer and click on him, you'll see his RefID on top of the console area), float back slightly above surface and enter "moveto player" command. This will teleport the courser to player location, and thus, above the surface. Save the game, revert clipping mode to normal and reload the saved game.[verified]