|For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Hunting revolver (GRA).|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The hunting revolver is a large, double-action revolver that fires .45-70 Gov't ammunition. It does a significant amount of damage and comes with a scope as standard, versus requiring a modification. The hunting revolver scope has decent magnification at 2.46x. Its base damage of 58 is the second highest of any non-energy pistol, and is surpassed only by the Ranger Sequoia, which has a base Damage of 62.
The weapon has few drawbacks from a combat standpoint such as the low durability compared to other revolvers. However, from a tactical standpoint, .45-70 Gov't rounds are quite scarce with weapon vendors selling very small quantities of said rounds at very high prices.
Despite being a one-handed revolver, the hunting revolver is not a holdout weapon, meaning that, even at a Sneak skill of 100, it will not pass a search when entering a weapon-free location, such as a casino.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The hunting revolver can fire a total of about 545 standard rounds, the equivalent of 109 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard & HP||545||109|
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Ranger Sequoia - a rare, more powerful, yet less valuable non-scoped version of the hunting revolver used by NCR Veteran Rangers.
- Hunting revolver (GRA) - a customizable variant added with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Black Mountain - Next to a gore bag located on a cliff edge overlooking the road halfway up the mountain.
- Bloodborne cave - One hunting revolver and 20 rounds of .45-70 Gov't ammunition can be found in the cave, near the campfire.
- Freeside - During the quest G.I. Blues, one can be found on Orris.
- Gun Runners - Can be bought from Vendortron, if the player character is level 16.
- NCR Ranger safehouse - On the shelves.
- NCR Veteran Rangers often carry them.
- Red Rock Canyon - Several may be found on Great Khans.
- REPCONN test site - Tucked between a corpse and the wall, next to the safe with the two Stealth Boys, in one of the second floor Easy locked storage rooms.
- Given as a reward during the quest Bleed Me Dry.
- It can be sold at the Great Khan armory.
- White Legs tribals may carry them at higher levels.
- Lobotomites sometimes carry them, especially if the player character is level 40 or above.
Notes[edit | edit source]
On the base of the handgrip, a generic serial number 05709234 is stamped into the metal.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have a hunting revolver equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]