Hubris Comics Publishing, often shortened to simply Hubris Comics, was a pre-War printed entertainment company founded in 2021. It was a branch of Hubris Publishing and headquartered in Washington, D.C.
While most notable for its Grognak the Barbarian series, Hubris Comics has produced various comic book series as well expanding into other projects and media. While primarily a publishing house, Hubris Comics had begun to expand into radio, television, toys, and games. The Silver Shroud and Grognak the Barbarian were two of its most popular properties. The Silver Shroud franchise was particularly popular in Boston, thanks to the serialized radio drama broadcast by Galaxy News Radio. Hubris attempted to broaden its appeal with a television series shortly before the war that was instantly mired in creative differences, petty squabbles, and executive interference. In addition to print, Hubris Comics Games Studio, founded in 2062, published holotape games, such as Wastelad and Grognak & the Ruby Ruins.
Hubris Comics also collaborated with several other companies, such as Vault-Tec Corporation to include Vault Boy in their Hell's Chain Gang series and the Underground Life series, and produced propaganda comics for the U.S. government, like Tales from the Front. Hubris Comics partnered with Don't Be Bored Games Company to produce a Unstoppables Shindig board game, which allowed up to five participants to take on the roles of the Unstoppables heroes.
- Hubris Comics in Arlington, Virginia
- Hubris Comics in Back Bay, Boston, Massachusetts
- Hubris Comics 'n' Toys, in the Watoga Shopping Plaza, Watoga, West Virginia
- Grognak the Barbarian
- The Silver Shroud
- Mistress of Mystery
- The Adventures of Captain Cosmos
- Reign of Grelok
- The Unstoppables!
- Kid Wacky's Zany Hi-Jinks
- Tales from the Front
- Drake Tungsten, Chrono Cowboy
- Underground Life
- Hell's Chain Gang
- The Inspector
- Manta Man
- Captain Cosmos comic books
The Hubris Comics building appears in Fallout 3, as well as a building in Fallout 4. The company is mentioned in Fallout 76 and various comics appear in Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and Fallout: The Board Game.
- Hubris Comics terminal entries; Hubris Comics Receptionist Terminal, Press Release
- Fallout 4 loading screens: "While primarily a publishing house, Hubris Comics had begun to expand into radio, television and toys. The Silver Shroud and Grognak the Barbarian were two of its most popular properties."
- Riverside Manor terminal entries; Personal journal 6/28/77
- Pioneer Scout camp terminal entries#Collector
- Hubris Comics terminal entires; Hubris Comics Publishing Terminal, Release Schedule