Hoss hates chaperoning wayward cadets almost as much as latrine-cleaning duties, and his fears have recently been proven right, as Initiate Pek disappeared on a long-range recon sweep of the Falls Church zone. He is happy for any help, and the Lone Wanderer can provide assistance during the unmarked quest The Lost Initiate.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
- The Lost Initiate: During a training exercise in Falls Church, Knight Church, Paladin Hoss, Initiate Pek and an unnamed paladin have become separated in a super mutant attack. Knight Church has been killed in the initial attack and Initiate Pek is trapped in an office building, while Paladin Hoss and the other paladin are fighting nearby.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brotherhood power armor||Flamer or missile launcher
|Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- "Know that you may travel through Falls Church under our protection."
- "What's wrong, merc? Price not high enough? Be gone. This is better handled without the aid of an outsider."
- "You have our thanks, stranger. We could not have recovered our ward without your aid. Farewell, mercenary. May you find honor in your travels."
Hoss appears only in Fallout 3.
- the Pitt, Point Lookout, or even on Mothership Zeta. If not in an add-on location, these NPCs will immediately leave the Lone Wanderer's side and head directly for Falls Church; if the Lone Wanderer is in an add-on map, the NPCs will stand idle until the next time they spawn at the player character's location. [verified]
Hoss, Pek, and the unnamed paladin may glitch after one has completed the quest to save Initiate Pek. Waiting, sleeping, or fast-traveling may cause Hoss, Pek, and/or the unnamed paladin to spawn somewhere near the Lone Wanderer. This includes add-on locations, meaning they may appear in
- After being moved to the Lone Wanderer's location due to this bug, Hoss may pick up nearby items, including items owned by the Lone Wanderer (i.e. he may steal items). [verified]
- This bug is caused by the Follow AI packages for Hoss, Pek, and the unnamed paladin being set to check if the NPC is currently in the Falls Church region, rather than checking if the Lone Wanderer is in the Falls Church region. Advancing in-game time (via sleeping, waiting, or fast-traveling) causes the estimated effects of the AI package to be performed (the NPC moving to the Lone Wanderer's location) without evaluating the requirements for it to trigger.
- When randomly spawning near the player character, Hoss may be carrying the same weapon that the Lone Wanderer currently has equipped. This includes unique weapons such as the alien blaster. [verified]
- Occasionally, after one finds Initiate Pek when the player character exits the building, both Initiate Pek and Hoss will be dead for no apparent reason. [verified]