Consisting of a large building and an old barn next to a grain silo, this location is guarded by three Vipers. There is a campfire for crafting, beds, and lootable items in sacks and crates inside the barn where the Vipers' camp is. Although the Vipers respawn, the loot does not. Strangely, the building with an intact silo does not have a visible doorway or entrance. This is similar to the sheds from the steelyard in The Pitt, which use the same tileset.
Located to the southwest of the dilapidated barn as well as between the silo and the barn are live frag mines.
Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - on the crates in the open barn in the middle by a couple of ammunition boxes.
- Next to the fallen silo there is a small shack with a reloading bench against the outer wall.
- North of the farm is the mercenary camp with a group of heavily armed (and hostile) mercenaries. One of them is equipped with the unique YCS/186. They may appear right at the area of the Northern Passage and at least one will be wearing reinforced (Mk I if low level) combat armor.
- The Vipers at the Horowitz farmstead respawn every 3 days.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- If the Wild Wasteland trait is activated, north from Horowitz farmstead, the "Hovering Anomaly" can be found. What looked like a mercenary campground is actually an extraterrestrial landing zone, complete with spacecraft, and three aliens. The alien captain is equipped with the unique alien blaster.
- The Wild Wasteland trait image and theme will not activate during the "Hovering Anomaly" encounter.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
The Horowitz farmstead appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The farm can be discovered on the player's map by walking into the adjacent power substation. [verified]