The skyscraper is divided into nine distinct levels, including, from bottom to top, a sub-basement, basement, ground level, floors 1-5, and the executive suite (floor 6) on top. Floors 2-5 overlook a single central chamber, with floor 1 on the bottom. A stairwell links most levels together.
The entrance hall constitutes the headquarter's lobby and has a mezzanine, decorated with Auto-Miners. The room has a reception desk and terminal, together with a Nuka-Cola machine in the southern room and pools of radioactive water. On the opposite end, up the stairs, are the Company Archives, which information has been corrupted and is inaccessible. The southeastern corner has the stairwell. Behind the reception desk is the building's main elevator, which can be used to reach the sixth floor.
The third floor has the Human Resources Department on the southern face, right next to the Candidate Testing room for the senior executive exam. On the oppossite site there is a research area which holds an ignition core reactor, the same engine which the Rockhound uses.
The fourth floor contains a conference room and Penelope Hornwright's Senior Operations Executive office. Penelope's office has a tinker's workbench, and her desk terminal contains a message to Yvette, which has the password for the automated hiring system in the hiring department. Behind Penelope's desk is her lab terminal, holding information about company projects.
The fifth floor contains two offices, which can be accessed from the floor below. One of them belonged to the Hornwright executive R. Vargas. The safe in his office requires a key, which is located on the bottom right shelf of his desk. There is an exit to a destroyed part of the building, which is adjacent to a residential building's top floor. It contains ruined wastelander dwellings and blocked offices, accessible through the ruined technical passage on the western face of the building.
The top floor, floor 6, also known as the executive offices, can be accessed through the lobby elevator after acquiring the senior executive keycard during the quest The Motherlode. The top floor contains a lobby in the middle with the CEO office of Daniel Hornwright on the northern end and the development lab on the opposite end. There is a glass floor in this room, through which the lobby and the rest of floors can be seen.
The lab was the heart of Honrwight's development operations, and as such it has the external connection system with the Motherlode Project. Interacting with the system will result in meeting one of the Motherlode autonomous mining robots. The room also has chemistry station.
Daniel Hornwright's CEO office has his operational terminal, and the room includes another elevator which, with the proper identification, one can access the sub-basement and the Cave.
The sub-basement level, accessed by the elevator in the executive offices, is the location of the Motherlode Department in which all operations involving the Motherlode robots were carried. It also includes a weapons workbench and possibly power armor frame.
The area known as the Cave is the lowest level of the building, located below the sub-basement level, also accessed by the executive office's elevator. This area was used to test the Motherlode and its interactions with the enviroment. The Division of Wealth quest takes place here. As one enters from the east, there is a reception desk where Hijack is encountered. To the left (south), through either security door, is the Motherlode. On the other (west) side of the main room is a door. If one goes through the door and down the stairs, a sign reads "Enter here." This leads through a maze to recalibrate Motherlode. Completing the maze leads back into the reception area.
- Holotapes and notes
- Senior executive exam updates - Holotape, in the Human Resources office on floor 3.
- Senior executive exam answer key - Note, at Jeffery Vaccarro's desk on floor 2.
- Filing status - Note, in the human resources office on floor 3.
- Sam Blackwell: "No" on Measure 6 - Note, on the executive floor.
- "Excavator suit" - Final steps - Note, on a cabinet on the sub-basement level, down near the dirt pit.
- Hornwright Estate access keycard - On the CEO's desk. Accesses the elevator to Hornwright Estate.
- Algorithm reset test - Note, in the Cave, in the room behind fences and security gates, on top of a series of blue consoles.
- Participant survey - Note, in the Cave, on a clipboard in the room to the right while facing the intake desk.
- Hornwright HQ - key to R. Vargas safe - Key, adjacent to a safe on a shelf in the desk. Opens the safe.
- Three potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On floor 3, in the south corner of the reactor lab, on the metal counter half-hidden by a wooden crate.
- In the sunken floor section of the external connection system chamber, by the circular Protectron calibration pad, in leg alcove of the red mainframe computer.
- On the basement level, in the northwest computer room overlooking the sub-basement, in the tiny foot alcove of the jutting part of the red mainframe computer.
- Three potential magazines:
- On floor 5, behind the inaccessible door, in the room accessed via the hole in the conference room wall via the duct ramp, on the wood desk (no terminal) with the red wastebasket.
- On the executive level, in the office with the CEO's terminal, on the curved desk.
- In the north corner of the sub-level's lower balcony, near a green metal desk and mainframe terminal, on a seat.
- Potential recipe - Next to the Hornwright building, inside the dilapidated building turned refuge, on a grill.
- Power armor chassis - In the basement, near the Motherlode meeting point.
- Fusion core - On the top floor, inside the fusion generator.
- Three .44 pistols can spawn here:
- In a cubby of the desk to the left of the west laser door after entering the executive areas (CEO's office).
- In the sub-level, always inside the Motherlode department safe next to the stairs.
- Also in the sub-level one may spawn on top of the red consoles in the west end of the upper part of the room.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia p.340: "79. HORNWRIGHT INDUSTRIAL HEADQUARTERS
Though not lurching at an alarming angle like the brick tenement block adjacent to this location, the Hornwright tower is still in a frightful state of disrepair. Though you can enter the place via some treacherous tenement block maneuvering (from the Charleston Herald structure), and you can enter the structure from the fifth level, it's easier to work your way up from the ground floor, via the south facing entrance.
Inside, the Hornwrights have thoughtfully labeled each level with a number so you know where you are. Enter the passageway between the walls on Level 03 or 04 to reach the otherwise-inaccessible office on Level 05. Or, with the appropriate ID card, you can use the lobby elevator to reach the executive level. Once you shut down the laser grids, you can reach the sublevel basement."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)
- Motherlode Dept. Safe