Cleanup (Issue: rewrite)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by the article.
When the quest begins, travel to the location where it is marked on the map. Once there, the objective will change to either taking out the legendary version of the enemy responsible for the horde, or search through four locations for where the horde leader is hiding. As a player character checks the areas, if the boss is there, the objective will change to going into the location interior and eliminating them, or if not, be granted some experience from checking the location and move on to the next one. Once the legendary enemy and horde boss is dead, the quest is completed.
There are two variations of the event:
- Search four locations for the horde boss
- Eliminate the roaming horde boss
The event is joined by fast traveling to the target on the map. If the objective changes to eliminating the horde boss immediately, the boss will be a legendary enemy surrounded by several non-legendary enemies serving as its bodyguards. Killing the horde boss completes the quest immediately.
If the objective changes to searching for the horde boss, several locations will be marked around the region where the quest took place. Investigate each one to see if the horde boss is hiding inside within the interior area of the location. If the horde boss is there, the objective will change to heading inside to slay them. If not, experience will be granted for searching the location and the remaining locations will need to be checked to follow up on pinpointing the horde boss' location to eliminate them. Once the boss is found and terminated, the quest is complete. Mop up the stragglers and scavenge the bodies for any worthwhile loot alongside the legendary item on the horde boss.
This article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Feral ghoul||Cranberry Bog||Firebase Major|
|Fog crawler||The Mire||Roaming|
|Tygart Water Treatment|
|Mister Handy (actually spawns Mister Gutsies)||Ash Heap|
|Mole rat||Ash Heap|
|Scorched||Cranberry Bog||Ranger district office|
|Super mutant||Ash Heap||Nicholson's End|
|Wolf||The Forest||(only appears if Leader of the Pack is completed first)|
- Successfully completing Leader of the Pack creates the quest Event: Wolf Horde: The Forest. This event gives the location of the wolf horde leader without requiring any searching, and the wolf horde leader does not always spawn as a legendary enemy.
- When being tasked with searching the four locations, there usually is one location in which the wanted enemy type normally spawns, such as super mutants at the Crevasse Dam. These locations tend to be the correct ones when searching for the horde leader, without having to search the others.
- As the event is public, it is possible to complete it by having another player kill the horde leader, as long as one stays in the region of the event.
- Enemies which may not normally spawn as legendary enemies are able to be selected as the horde alpha. The event is scripted to force the NPC to be a legendary enemy.
- The Horde Event is disabled while Meat Week or Mischief Night are active.
gallery for an example of this bug.[verified]When the Horde Event appears on the world map, it may not correctly display its variables for creature and location. As such, when the event appears, it will display "Event: [...] Horde: [...]" See the