Honest Dan works for Old Man Stockton in 2287. During this time a caravan goes missing near a settlement called Covenant - among that caravan was Stockton's "daughter" Amelia Stockton. Stockton sends Honest Dan to the settlement to try and find the missing crew, but is met with the town denying that the caravan ever passed through.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character starts quests.|
- Human Error - Honest Dan will ask the player to help investigate a missing caravan. If the player sides with Dr. Chambers, Dan will turn hostile and attack.
- Honest Dan appears to not know that Amelia is really a synth. If asked about it, he will say that, they don't know yet, Amelia is human enough.
- After completion of Human Error, in his favor, he will walk back to Bunker Hill and then disappear from the game.
Honest Dan appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Honest Dan will disappear if one finishes the main quest first. However, you can still obtain Covenant as a settlement by killing everyone inside excluding Deezer and the cats. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Honest Dan may turn hostile when entering the compound for no reason. Quest advances in incorrect order. This is likely due to the player wearing a power armor helmet equipped with the targeting HUD mod. A nearly identical situation occurs if one enters Virgil's cave under similar conditions. In that case, removing the helmet prior to entering and for the duration of the player's time in the compound appears to resolve this issue.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Honest Dan can remain in the Essential (unkillable) state if the decisive dialog with Dr Chambers is aborted (by moving away) without making any decision. Dan may become an unkillable temporary follower or an unkillable enemy, depending on the player's subsequent actions towards Dan and/or Amelia Stockton. Finishing or failing the quest will cause Dan to lose Essential status and cease being a temporary follower. [verification needed]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.