|This is an overview article, listing content appearing across multiple games.|
Holotags or dog tags are a form of military identification.
Pre-War military identification tags used by the United States Armed Forces and its various branches, as well as the Brotherhood of Steel. They consist of two rectangular metal tags with rounded edges, worn on a ball chain around the neck, with a rubber covering on the edges. Personal information is printed on the front of each tag, with a fine print on the back and a holographic image embedded in the tag itself, to facilitate casualty identification for medical and burial purposes.[Non-game 1] The information includes the soldier's full name, signature, identification number, blood type, security clearance, expiration date, base of operations, and a slogan You think you can take me? You go right ahead. printed below an identification barcode.
In the Capital and Mojave Wastelands, the holotag reads:
1381 E. MAIN ST.
- Brotherhood of Steel holotag (Fallout 3) - a holotag from a fallen Brotherhood soldier in Fallout 3. These can be turned in to Scribe Jameson as part of Collecting Holotags.
- Brotherhood of Steel holotag (Fallout: New Vegas) - a holotag from a fallen Brotherhood soldier in Fallout: New Vegas.
- NCR dogtag - a holotag from a soldier of the New California Republic Army, used to turn in as part of Arizona Scavenger or Tags of Our Fallen in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Brotherhood of Steel holotag (Fallout 4) - a holotag from a fallen Brotherhood soldier in Fallout 4.
- Danse's holotags - holotag belonging to Paladin Danse in Fallout 4.
- Knight Astlin's holotag - holotag found on Knight Astlin in Fallout 4.
- Scribe Faris' holotag - holotag found on Scribe Faris in Fallout 4.
- Knight Varham's holotag - holotag found on Knight Varham in Fallout 4.
- Paladin Brandis' holotag - holotag belonging to Paladin Brandis in Fallout 4.
- Knight Rylan's holotag - holotag found on Knight Rylan in Fallout 4.
- Dog tags (Fallout 76) - military dog tags found at military and Brotherhood members in Fallout 76.
- Holotag appearance in Fallout 4, with the Ultra High Resolution Textures.
- Fallout: The Roleplaying Game p.182: "A small, durable, identifying item used by the Brotherhood of Steel. Holotags contain information to identify their wearer in case of death. They also act as a “black box” data recorder for a suit of Power Armor, providing the Brotherhood record of the deeds of their fallen warriors. Though not especially valuable by themselves, the Brotherhood often pays a reward to any who bring in holotags they find."