The High Road was used by the New California Republic when the Divide was one of their main trade routes, or at least, it was used as a safehouse or base for NCR riot control, as evidenced by a dead officer in the Crow's Nest. Eventually, after the destruction of Hopeville and Ashton, the NCR sent in team bravo to scout the area, but they severely underestimated the threats that awaited them, and they were all killed. Currently, the High Road is inhabited by multiple deathclaws and a small group of marked men led by Beast.
Upon entering the High Road, the Courier will be ambushed by Beast, who carries a unique helmet, and 1-3 marked men. There is a Commissary terminal on a truck behind Beast's encampment, which can be unlocked by ED-E. As the Courier advances, they will find the Crow's Nest, a sniper position that contains a dead NCR riot control officer. After this, the highway leads to an area populated by multiple deathclaws. After clearing this area, the High Road comes to an end and breaks off into the Junction 7 rest stop and a dirt path which leads into Bonesaw's camp, and into the Ashton silo control station.
- Marked beast face helmet - Worn by Beast, who is located at the High Road entrance.
- Advanced riot gear - Found on the body of the dead NCR riot control officer in the Crow's Nest.
- Ulysses' logs - Log Y-17.16 is found on some rubble in the Crow's Nest.
- Tumblers Today - In a box between a duffle bag and a metal box in the Crow's Nest. As of patch 22.214.171.1245 it is replaced by two skill magazines, two Med-X and a Stimpak. Sometimes, the satchel charges set around the Crow's Nest will scatter them.
- Roughin' it! bedroll kit - Near a decimated motorcycle, which is just before the warhead on the truck at the ruined highway interchange.
When traversing the High Road, the Courier can observe Ulysses watching the Courier from a building to the right of the Crow's Nest. This Ulysses has a different RefID than the normal Ulysses and cannot be killed by console commands or by normal means.