The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Helvetia was settled by German and Swiss immigrants from Brooklyn, New York, in 1869. It was settled mostly by artisans, and has historically been associated with its cheese making and food festival in which masks are worn.
The town of Helvetia has had a fascination with making papier-mâché masks. Thirteen different masks can be acquired in-game, including a Fasnacht Man mask, an owl mask, jester mask, and skull mask.
The town was once a tourist destination and features German/Swiss themed buildings to showcase the town's heritage. There is a church, store/post office, bookstore, museum, Cheese Haus, The Honey Haus, Freyja's Haus Restaurant and a few other unmarked buildings. All buildings in Helvetia can be explored. The town is filled with the Scorched.
The church has been converted into a Mothman shrine. The key to the post office is sitting on an interior desk and can be taken grabbed from a broken window.
The town has a good number of crafting stations:
- Cooking station, in the Cheese Haus.
- Chemistry station, just inside the entrance and on the top floor of the church.
- Weapons workbench, upper floor of the church. A second one is in a small shack across from the vote counting station.
- Water pump, beside the Cheese Haus.
- Checklist - Note, in the Freyja's Haus Restaurant, in the kitchen.
- German books (2) - Note, at the bookstore.
- Responder outposts - Note, at the Cheese Haus.
- Harvest - Note, sitting on the lectern in the church.
- Airplane crash - A note, in a dresser in an upstairs bedroom of the small red hotel on the west side of the bridge to Freyja's Haus Restaurant.
- Fasnacht robots - A note found in The Honey Haus across the small bridge to the left of the Freyja's Haus Restaurant, inside a broken glass display case next to three honeycombs. Can also be found in the Cheese Haus.
- Happy Fasnacht! - Note, inside of the homes in Helvetia, at Freyja's Haus Restaurant.
- Helvetia protectron updates - Holotape, in a small shack, to the left of the post office building across from the vote counting station.
- Reaver scout - Note, found stuck to the leg of a raider corpse to the northeast, along the river.
- Helvetia post office key - On the desk in the office. The post office can be accessed through the locked front doors or by climbing the building. Unlocks post office's locked room.
- Honey Haus key - Under a flower pot on a barrel by the western door. Unlocks Honey Haus.
- Civil War era suit and Civil War era top hat.
- Recipe: Mirelurk softshell cake - In the houses adjacent to the restaurant (Freyja's Haus Restaurant)
- Recipe: Ground molerat - In the locked shop.
- Fasnacht beverage report - North side, in the museum.
- There are machines called ballot printers scattered throughout the area, which are part of the quest Race for the Presidency.
Behind the scenesEdit
Helvetia is an actual town in West Virginia.
Xbox One An "immortal" level 1 Scorched can sometimes be found in the shop here. This scorched will, once you are detected, attack you without moving from the upper level, dealing unavoidable, invisible damage. The scorched will also be unkillable, regenerating health, and always retaining a minimum of one health. [verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.