Unassuming and ignored by adults, Hector is nevertheless one of the crucial members of the Westside Co-op. When Tom Anderson and Clayton Ettienne were talking about Anderson's idea to divert water from the local cistern and use it on the crops but were trying to work out a plan on how not to cause suspicion from the NCR. Hector overheard them talking about this and volunteered himself since no one pays attention to him or his brahmin and he already makes a living by delivering stuff around for the people of Westside.
With Hector and his brahmin delivering water to irrigate the crops of the co-op, the crops flourished. This allowed them to produce food for use and export. Eventually, Hector was caught in the act by Corporal White and forced to rat Anderson out, but, as far as Hector knows, the situation was resolved. He has a feeling it wasn't in a good way, though.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Athlete of the Wastes outfit|
- "I deliver things and stuff for the people here. They give me caps to do it."
- "Corporal White? I don't know where he - uh, I mean, never heard of him. Uh, I gotta go..."
- "I didn't want to get Mr. Anderson in trouble. He says the Westside needs to be able to take care of itself. Corporal White caught me taking the water and made me tell on Mr. Anderson. I think something bad happened, but Mr. Anderson told me not to worry."
Hector appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "What do you do here?"
Hector: "I deliver things and stuff for the people here. They give me caps to do it."
- The Courier: "Whose idea was it to use the kid?"
Clayton Ettienne: "It was Hector's idea, if you can believe it. He overheard me talking to Anderson about his idea to divert the water over here. We needed someone to be able to go into the cisterns and get the water out, but any of us would be suspicious. Hector volunteered. He said that no one pays attention to him, even with his brahmin. Anderson and I argued, but eventually we decided to let him go ahead with it. Look, this affects all of us, even Hector. What were we supposed to do, let all of our gardens die? Watch Westside fall apart?"
(Clayton Ettienne's dialogue)
- The Courier: "It's stealing, no matter who it's for. Corporal White found out, didn't he?"
Hector: "He caught me and made me tell on Mr. Anderson. I don't know what happened after that, but when I asked, Mr. Anderson said not to worry. But... Mr. Anderson had this look on his face. It's the look grownups get when they've done something bad."