While healing powder is abundant in the wasteland, only the tribals know the secrets of making use of the healing powder to help make the recovery of grievous wounds quicker. By mixing cave fungus and Nevada agave fruit with the powder, a healing ointment is made, allowing for quick recovery. However, the pain of recovery makes movement difficult temporarily, reducing Agility.
The healing poultice not only restores a decent amount of health but along with Hydra and the weapon binding ritual, it heals crippled limbs during a fight. Hydra heals 600 points of limb injury, the healing poultice 250 and the weapon binding ritual 150. In Hardcore mode, where a stimpak can't be used to heal these injuries, it can keep the Courier alive and negate the need for a doctor.
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Xander root (1)
Broc flower (1)
Cave fungus (1)
Honest Hearts add-on
Healing poultice (1)
- Daniel sells three at a time.
- White Legs carry them as random loot.
- Often inside a sack in many locations, such as White Bird's cave.
- Healing poultices can be a good alternative to a doctor's bag, or even Hydra, due to their simple recipe.
- With a high Medicine skill, healing poultices can exceed the healing capabilities of stimpaks. This is balanced, however, by requiring more ingredients than stimpaks.
- It is important not to craft healing powder if the healing poultice is desired since they use the same ingredients.