The hazmat suit provides no Damage Resistance or Energy Resistance but provides 1,000 Radiation Resistance. The damaged version provides 500 radiation resistance. All hazmat suits also provide an inherent 98% radiation reduction, making their overall radiation protection superior to what can be achieved just with increased radiation resistance via the Rad Resistant perk, lead lined armor mods, and chems like Rad-X or RadShield. All versions prevent damage and disease from airborne and waterborne hazards.
No other armor or clothing can be worn with the hazmat suit. The standard suit has a weight of 5 while the damaged one has a weight of 4. The prototype hazmat suit is identical to the standard suit except it is yellow instead of orange, and has full finger gloves as opposed to fingerless gloves of the standard suit. The Emmet Mountain hazmat suit is a blue and yellow Department of Energy-branded hazmat suit.
Hazmat suits are leveled. For example, hazmat suits found at Dyer Chemical or West Tek research center are likely to be level 30 or higher. If seeking a lower level hazmat suit, obtain the plans and craft a suit at the required level or locate a suit in a lower level game area, such as Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06.
Hazmat suit (Level 1) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 5) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 10) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 15) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 20) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 25) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 30) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 35) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 40) (1)
Hazmat suit (Level 45) (1)
- Hazmat suit - Standard.
- Damaged hazmat suit - Identifiable by the large crack on the visor, has reduced Radiation Resistance and weight compared to the standard version.
- Prototype hazmat suit - Acquired through the quest Tracking Unknowns, and is easily identified by its bright yellow color, but has the same resistances and weight as the standard variant.
- Emmett Mountain hazmat suit - Possible reward from the quest Radiation Rumble.
- Swamp camo hazmat suit - Possible reward from Daily Ops.
- Black hazmat suit - TBA
- Orange hazmat suit - TBA
- Vault Boy hazmat suit - TBA
- Two at Dyer Chemical:
- In the same room where nitrogen is found.
- In the same room as the chemical vats, on a metal shelf on the ground row.
- Emmett Mountain disposal site - One damaged hazmat suit just outside the entrance to the storage tunnels, two hazmat suits and one damaged hazmat suit can be found in the locker room to the left after entering the tunnel.
- Obtainable from the optional step of "Find Nari's hazmat suit" in Tracking Unknowns is a prototype hazmat suit.
- Federal Disposal Field HZ-21 - Three intact suits and two damaged suits can be found here.
- Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06:
- One can be found on the roof of the energy plant inside a metal trailer on the west side of the roof.
- Two damaged suits can be found in open metal lockers near the decontamination arch leading into the reactor room inside.
- West Tek research center - Two damaged suits can be found inside the changing rooms with the yellow curtains.
- The Crater - One damaged suit can be found at the crashed space station at the northern edge of the map, inside of the separated section at the south end of the area.
- South Mountain nuke crater - One can be found next to a brick on the southern end of the crater.
Following patch 18.104.22.168, the plans to craft hazmat suits are available at select robot vendors.