|For an overview of hatchet models in the Fallout games, see hatchet.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It is a hand-axe with a rubber-gripped wooden handle for chopping wood and limbs alike. Unlike throwing hatchets, these are not balanced for use as a projectile weapon. Hatchets deal an additional 50% Limb Damage.
This weapon qualifies as an improved holdout weapon.
Special attack[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The hatchet can successfully strike about 1495 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Throwing hatchet - a variant of hatchet specifically made as a throwing weapon.
- Tomahawk - an improvised throwing weapon added with the Honest Hearts add-on.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Throwing hatchet||20||17.6||x1.5 limb||0.88||x1||20||22||1.8||4995||2||20||10||25||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Deathclaw promontory - sometimes found on a corpse, alongside a set of unmarked T-51b power armor and Remnants power armor.
- Freeside - Freeside thugs occasionally use them.
- Mojave Outpost barracks - Occasionally sold by Lacey.
- Nipton - Randomly carried on a dead prospector inside the Town Hall, on the assembly floor.
- The Thorn - Carried by Red Lucy.
- The Prospector's Den - Sometimes found on the corpses.
- Vault 3 - Equipped by some Fiends.
- Vault 19 - The escaped convicts occasionally carry them.
- lobotomites. - Hatchets are used widely by
- White Legs pain-makers. - Often carried by