The armory can only be accessed through a doorway controlled by a terminal, which needs the master holotape to open the door. Inside is a courtyard adjoining three two-story buildings. The building to the right has the only open door. There are several machinegun turrets inside the buildings.
- Jed's letter - Note, found on a desk upstairs in the south wing of the armory. In the room next to Raleigh's terminal.
- Protecting our own - Holotape, found next to Raleigh's terminal, upstairs in the armory.
- Two potential weapon plans:
- On a rolling desk, next to Niraj's terminal.
- On top of wooden crates on the second floor of the conveyor belt building, near the flamethrower trap (may clip through the top crate).
- Three potential weapon mods:
- Inside a set of lockers on the second floor of the weapon storage.
- Inside a metal surgical table on the first floor, bottom left of the weapons workbench near the conveyor belt.
- On top of a metal surgical table on the first floor, behind the conveyor belt.
Instead of using the master holotape on the terminal, one can also enter the armory by jumping onto the pole on the south-east side of the fence, and then jumping over the fence.
The Harpers Ferry Armory appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
In 1859, the Harpers Ferry Armory was violently seized by John Brown and a number of other abolitionists in a plot to start a slave revolt. Robert E. Lee, in command of a contingent of U.S. Marines, took the armory back. Brown was convicted of treason and hanged.